RSA Strategy Consultation Launched

Guest challenge
The questions many are asking is, why disturb the "Kraken" and who opened the door, Defra or the RSA representatives ?

Cranfield.

That’s a good question and I believe on a national level one that will never be answered because no one will ever admit to the masses that they where led up the garden path. :o

I believe a combination of RSA reps wanting more power (understandable) the angling industry (at least the anti commercial part of it) the greens who have infiltrated http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7127182.stm and used there massive lobbying power to influence those who make the decisions, and certainly last but not least a commercial fishing industry that decided to hit back. :rolleyes:

Big cod

Paul, I don’t think for one minute that defra believe that anglers have much if any effect on the levels of fish stocks in our waters (locally I mean) but if rsa want to be accepted as shareholders then I believe that DEFRA will want them (us) to be accountable to the rest of the shareholders.

One thing I can assure about defra Paul (and I am sure that wurzel or any other commercial fishermen will tell you) they wont give a dam about none commercial viability. :angry:

Regards.

Edited by challenge

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You wont have to keep saying it for long Big Cod because after March it will be all but over and fishing as you currently know it will be coming to an end and a new era will dawn. It will then be fishing as Leon thinks it should be with a licence, restrictions on catches, closed areas(coming to your beach soon - especially if you live at Bridlington), bait digging bans etc etc etc ........

I wonder if you and your colleagues in the charter fishing and tackle industry will look back and say "If Only I ....................................."

Maybe you should take the time to read the consultation and make a response, its your last chance now on this one, there will be no more invites to London, no more chances, no more moaning on here.

In my mind the whole lot of these RSA reps need to resign forthwith from there positions and in the mean time make a Public statement of apology too each and every RSA in this country for leading them down a path of destruction and no return

Who opened the door ?

Is this a question you really need to ask ? Just look for who avoids these topics but visits MPs with regularity ?

Maybe you should ask who keeps going round to parliament to check the door is still ajar, who goes for cosy 7 minute little chats with DEFRA and tells them he has support of 1 million "Or So" sea anglers. Mmmmm wonder who that might be. Then you will know who is the real enemy within our own ranks, threatening the livelihoods and sport of the rest of us without our permission.

Edited by glennk

Who opened the door ?

Is this a question you really need to ask ? Just look for who avoids these topics but visits MPs with regularity ?

Maybe you should ask who keeps going round to parliament to check the door is still ajar, who goes for cosy 7 minute little chats with DEFRA and tells them he has support of 1 million "Or So" sea anglers. Mmmmm wonder who that might be. Then you will know who is the real enemy within our own ranks, threatening the livelihoods and sport of the rest of us without our permission.

Very clever and sporting, why don't you just come out with it and name names. Go on put us out of your misery.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

It was suggested to me by an intelligent fishing friend a long time ago, that it would be very easy for the "Antis/Greens/Tree Huggers" to hijack any Angler Organisation and effectively curtail our activities to the point where we would cease to partake in them.

This would achieve their objective.

He listed things like, qualifying for a licence with formal testing, increased licence fees, shorter seasons, tackle restrictions, catch and release only and a few others I can't remember.

I remember laughing at him when he said it. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Clever and sporting ? Don't make me laugh, SACN stopped playing by the rules a long time ago.

I don't think i would know how to make you laugh Glennk. Your getting near. You nearly named names. This is where someone has a different opinion to you, thats all. I don't want the men in suits running something that ain't broke as well. When they do i cannot see any advantage only to the men in suits, but the option to do nothing ain't an option. Your way of trying to resolve this is not very positive though.

Again Glennk, tell us the way forward, what do you recon aught to happen. Feel free to put your thoughts on paper.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

They would prefer things to have been left as they were and the representatives should not have "rocked the boat".

Let sleepin' dogs lie!

<_<

And if you REALLY care to ask around that is exactly what Mr Average angler wants.....And Mr Average accounts for 95% or more of the total of RSA.

Was doing nothing really an option ?

And what ? wait for the announcement from the commercial sector that “their work is done”.Change is painful,and the cost of a voice comes at a price.

Hopefully the long term benefits will out weigh this short sharp shock we are all feeling at the moment.We were never going to get all our dreams come true to start with.