Sea Fishing Licence - would you pay?

Fastrantiger

I can honestly see your concerns here and rightly so what is so sad about all this is over past couple of years it has been disgused in private by people who were our so called angling reps who were willing to sacrifice our freedom to fish in the sea in exchange an increase in bass sizes which never materialized but what give them the right to give our freedom away its appauling defra dont give a shite about anglers its our money they are really after

I've been telling folks what was going to happen for years!!! It's not new.

I got involved, but it was only me. Nobody else was interested except a couple of under-represented angling-related organisations and a couple of motivated anglers/administrators.

Anglers just stuck their heads in the sand and couldn't be bothered.

"Leave me alone, I just want to fish in peace."

In the modern world (especially one where a fast buck is worth more than a moratorium on cod fishing), things don't work like that. If you don't see what's coming and do something about it, what's coming will overtake you.

That's what is happening now.

I have attended meetings with Defra, SFCs, MFA, English Nature etc etc.

Why? Because I was interested enough to find out what was going on; what the projections were; how was my fishing going to be changed by the layers of bureaucracy which govern our lives whether we like it or not. I didn't belong to any organisation; I was just one life-long sea angler representing himself against professional administrators and civil servants who couldn't tell a multiplier from a fixed spool and don't need to in the roles they perform.

What did you do Glenn? What did you do Big Cod?

You sat on your arses with your heads in the sand like the other 100k or so regular sea anglers.

Bloody well done.

Not a single organisation and not a single so-called angling rep ever called for a formally agreed angling strategy nor a licence; not one. No angler or organisation representing itself and its members has ever suggested such a thing.

What was handed down was that which is happening in every facet of our daily lives and it revolves around one thing ... control by central government(s).

You and me had a stark choice: IGNORE IT (and hope it went away) or BECOME PART OF THE PROCESS. You made your choice and I made mine.

Now the heads are above the parapets but far to late for the fat controller to give a damn.

You had a chance and most of you hid away and avoided it.

What guts you showed. What fighting spirit. :thumbs:

Now count the cost to us all, OK?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It shows how little you know about me HA. I have, over the past few years attended meetings with DEFRA, MFA, YALASA (also spent my time writing them a website, sadly they recently folded), NFSA YORKS DIVISON (As a committee member), LOCAL ANGLING CLUB MEETINGS (As secratary), LOCAL CHARTER SKIPPERS MEETINGS, MEETINGS WITH OUR MP, FLAMBOROUGH HEAD NO TAKE MEETINGS, MEETINGS WITH NATURAL ENGLAND, I have also sat in on the local SFC Meetings. I also spend a lot of time writing a website and running a fishing forum aimed at helping anglers in my neck of the woods to enjoy their sport and to encourage new anglers into the game. I have also written websites (Free of charge) for other local angling clubs and for the Scarborough Angling Festival. So when you say I have sat on my arse please forgive me for reminding you that your wrong - AGAIN. B):rolleyes:

Edited by glennk

Not a single organisation and not a single so-called angling rep ever called for a formally agreed angling strategy nor a licence; not one. No angler or organisation representing itself and its members has ever suggested such a thing.

Ha you say not one angling rep ever called for a sea angling licence but did they SAY NO TO IT when it was brought up by defra at there meetings did they let all there members know what was looming many many anglers dont use the internet and hadnt a clue what was going to be thrown upon them i personally have been telling anglers for well over a year now what defra is up to and that goes into thousands of anglers so please dont say i have done jack **** on this issue cause believe me that is not the case i am very passionate about my job as a charterboat skipper my hobby is my job and i take both extremly seroiusly i know your heart is in the right place with this isuue and so is mine.

regards

paul.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

What was handed down was that which is happening in every facet of our daily lives and it revolves around one thing ... control by central government(s).

I'm sorry Ada, but you are wrong there. The RSA strategy was very much dreamt up and suggested by so called RSA "reps".

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

I'm sorry Ada, but you are wrong there. The RSA strategy was very much dreamt up and suggested by so called RSA "reps".

Just who suggested carparks, ramps and bogs? HuH? They have even got defra believing that is what the rsa want.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Just who suggested carparks, ramps and bogs? HuH? They have even got defra believing that is what the rsa want.

Their philosophy was to go for what's achievable, rather than what's desirable. (Not that some of them would have a clue what was desirable to anglers anyway.)

If you set your sights low enough, anything is achievable.

Don't drink and drive.

Guest challenge
Their philosophy was to go for what's achievable, rather than what's desirable. (Not that some of them would have a clue what was desirable to anglers anyway.)

If you set your sights low enough, anything is achievable.

Or may be they didn’t know what was achievable because very little had been achieved within the recreational sector Steve?

Maybe there philosophy was plain and simple, Paine for gain? :D

How would they ever find out what was desirable from a sector that has no accountability to other stakeholders.

Regards.

Maybe there philosophy was plain and simple, Paine for gain? :D
Well, with Defra and SFC's managing RSA, we've certainly got some pain to look forward to. Not so sure about the gain, though.
How would they ever find out what was desirable from a sector that has no accountability to other stakeholders.
I would have thought that as they are supposed to be anglers themselves, they would have had half an idea what was desirable.

Don't drink and drive.