Sea Fishing Licence - would you pay?

Fastrantiger

Or may be they didn’t know what was achievable because very little had been achieved within the recreational sector Steve?

How would they ever find out what was desirable from a sector that has no accountability to other stakeholders.

Regards.

Built up a massive profitable industry, creating many hundreds of jobs, giving enjoyment to the masses, bringing in many millions to the local economy's without subsidy. Allowing some to take home and enjoy fresh fish that you have a job to see on a supermarket counter,despite record commercial landings, without being taxed on it, yet. Enjoy it while you can. You say that little has been acheived. Amaizing, that you did not consider that, now the likes of defra and the hangers on want to improve on that? Thats a laugh, even the sfc committee's want some of the action. Just what are they going to give in return, I challenge you to think of ideas that would enhance the rsa experiance. Don't know why defra wants to get involved, they can't even budget thier books, again as an over expensive uncontrollable waste of space, hand it over to the private sector.

What sort of other accountability would you like to see? As they are already accountable to the sfc's, the ea, the rsa comply with existing legislation is that not accountability? How to conserve fish stocks, would that be one, i'm sure the rsa could throw a few pointers to defra. I have to ask why the likes of the nffo have stated that the rsa need to keep out of fisheries management, why is that.

Nicked this from Steve Pitts post to show you some accountability that is often not taken into account, what say you Challenge.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge

Morning Barry, as you well know angling and anglers are not all the same. I understand your point on catch and release and found the you tube video interesting to say the least. But as I say everybody doesn’t think the same way. here’s a picture of me putting fish away when I worked on an angling boat, the fillets that you can see are from the first 3 wrecks we visited. http://www.chieftaincharters.co.uk/images/...RS%20004(1).jpg

So there are extremes to angling just the same as there are within anything else that has no accountability.

I personally don’t think that there was anything wrong with the lads taking all that fish home. They had steamed 150 odd miles and paid a lot of money to experience it. What I am trying to put across Barry is that rsa has such large areas of difference.

To show some lads practicing what they prefer to do (catch and release) and then to suggest this is the only accountability that the rsa needs to show is way of the mark my friend.

Regards

Morning Barry, as you well know angling and anglers are not all the same. I understand your point on catch and release and found the you tube video interesting to say the least. But as I say everybody doesn’t think the same way. here’s a picture of me putting fish away when I worked on an angling boat, the fillets that you can see are from the first 3 wrecks we visited. http://www.chieftaincharters.co.uk/images/...RS%20004(1).jpg

So there are extremes to angling just the same as there are within anything else that has no accountability.

I personally don’t think that there was anything wrong with the lads taking all that fish home. They had steamed 150 odd miles and paid a lot of money to experience it. What I am trying to put across Barry is that rsa has such large areas of difference.

To show some lads practicing what they prefer to do (catch and release) and then to suggest this is the only accountability that the rsa needs to show is way of the mark my friend.

Regards

Hi Challenge, i do not think it is right or fair to legislate against all of the rsa on the basis of a few boats of chieften's caliber. I understand that there are perhaps only half a dozen licences in place regarding vessels that can go that distance from any port. If there is a percieved idea that the rsa on the whole take a lot of fish and that it does make an effect on the stock, instead of bringing in a blanket restriction on the whole of the rsa, to be policed at the ratepayers expence, why not ask the skippers and even the rsa for voluntary log books for example, i'm sure that they would agree to that as opposed to licences and restriction where no one has determind exactly what the take of the rsa really is. However there are figures banded about that indicate the the take is miniscule compared with the overall picture. Nice looking fillets by the way. You tell me what accountability is missing, or required regarding the rsa, please do.

No one has come forward yet as to being the author of carparks, bogs yet wonder why..................

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

licences.txt

Consultation out at the mo. Appears to be a bit one sided when everyone including tom cobbly is involved in the rsa licence scam, however when it comes to a commercial licence for the under tens, it is in house. What do you think the outcome of this one will be compared with the rsa one.

Edited by barry luxton

licences.txt

Consultation out at the mo. Appears to be a bit one sided when everyone including tom cobbly is involved in the rsa licence scam, however when it comes to a commercial licence for the under tens, it is in house. What do you think the outcome of this one will be compared with the rsa one.

Hello Barry

As DEFRA are working to a pre set angenda it will probably be the same out come.

I fish to live and live to fish.

As DEFRA are working to a pre set angenda it will probably be the same out come.
- Wurzel

So why do you bother, Wurzel, if you are so convinced?

The guys on here are not Defra, neither are most of us 'commercial fishermen', so it can't be constructive sympathy or empathy you're looking for, eh?

I'm always baffled why folks who feel like you do and do what you do, want to share this angling forum????

<_<

Hello Barry

Good afternoon Wurzel, Can't really see any of the under tens saying to defra yes please let's have a licence. Like you say however the result of the consultation will be, 51% where in favor of one no doubt.

- Wurzel

So why do you bother, Wurzel, if you are so convinced?

The guys on here are not Defra, neither are most of us 'commercial fishermen', so it can't be constructive sympathy or empathy you're looking for, eh?

I'm always baffled why folks who feel like you do and do what you do, want to share this angling forum????

<_<

You'll have to enlighten me Ha, Convinced and bother with what?

Prey tell me how I feel and what do I do?

as this part of this angling forum has little to do with angling and more to do with commercial fishing why shouldn't a commercial comment and as us commercials have had years of experience dealing with DEFRA we might not help because I think you are beyond help but at least warn you of what to expect.

Good afternoon Wurzel, Can't really see any of the under tens saying to defra yes please let's have a licence. Like you say however the result of the consultation will be, 51% where in favor of one no doubt.

If you were me would you Barry?

..as this part of this angling forum has little to do with angling and more to do with commercial fishing ...

This part of the forum is called "Conservation and Politics".

We are interested in conserving fish stocks. How can anything be more about angling than that? It's certainly more relevant than discussing the latest techno-tackle. After all, there's not much point me having a load of expensive gear when I now catch less than I did when I was a fifteen year old fishing with jumble sale gear!