Sea Fishing Licence - would you pay?

Fastrantiger

The did it in the States on an option basis so that some coastal states have a license and some do not.

Guess where the best shore and close inshore fishing is. If you guess that license = better fishing you will be correct.

The money does go into improving habitat and similar conservation measures and on that basis, it would seem to be a good thing.

The difference is Newt, you control your own waters over there. Ours are ruled by the EU. Makes you wonder why we bothered to fight two world wars in Europe, because we've gone and handed everything to them on a plate.

The other difference is, the American people wouldn't put up with being robbed by a greedy and dishonest government. I believe that American citizens took to the streets when petrol prices got too high for your liking, while we, on the other hand, are now paying the equivelant of $2.20 for a litre! That's a litre Newt, a European measurement that is about a fifth of a British gallon!

Give them a centimetre and they take a kilometre. Bastartds.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of frightning isnt it Steve, not being in control of our own waters. But then this not being in controle seems to be this goverments favorite thing.

ITS A DISGRACE

I do not live by the sea but I do fish in it when I visit my parents, this news is not good news at all. Is this going to be on top of my fresh water licence or included in it. I think I will contact my MP whoever he is and have him battered with chips . just unbelievable is there a site with any petition to vote on ?

Klaus

losing more lures along the southcoast soon

is there a site with any petition to vote on ?

The licence proposals are among those included in the DEFRA consultation on a Recreational Sea Angling strategy.

You have until 31st March 2008 to let the Government have your views on licences, and the many other issues raised (or what you would like to see raised).

See: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...y-Launched.html

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The licence proposals are among those included in the DEFRA consultation on a Recreational Sea Angling strategy.

You have until 31st March 2008 to let the Government have your views on licences, and the many other issues raised (or what you would like to see raised).

See: http://www.sacn.org.uk/Conservation-and-Po...y-Launched.html

I have printed it out :D and I am making notes :lol: and shall advise all and sundry of my views which of course will be mainly ignored :D having said that my local MP (Labour) is a staunch supporter of the GM and all the good charity work carried out by local RSAs as I take the trouble to bring it to her notice.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Most of you here will most likely be aware of the Governments proposals to bring in a 'Sea Fishing Licence' :o or to be more precise a 'Rod Licence' since it will not apply to hand lines. Although still in its early stages in Parliament, it is making progress and no doubt with every bit of bad news in the country this will be slipped through in the hope nobody notices. As a tackle shop owner I'm not happy about this, and I wouldn't expect you to be too happy either.

This will affect every fisherman fishing with a rod, even people that just fish one week a year, I do not expect to say "that'll be another £25 for your licence Sir" when I sell a rod n' reel combo for £40.00 for their weeks holiday (no doubt it will fall on the shops to sell the licence). Boat anglers will also be stung for this charge, so there's no escaping.

We all know this will be an impossible piece of legislation to police, but no doubt (like the 'Smoking Police', yes they do exist - I had a visit from them in my shop :rolleyes: ) we will have 'Fishing Licence Police' making examples of people (pensioners would be considered easy prey).

Aside from the holiday trade, my year round customers will expect something in return for their hard earned cash. Looking at this forum you all seem to be well seasoned year round anglers and know your stuff. So, if Gordon 'nomates' Brown wants to relieve you of your cash, what would you expect in return, IF he gets his way.

They tried this in Portugal and virtually killed sea angling in less than a year :angry:

Your comments please guys :)

NO!! and i will completely quit the hobby altogether, unless they get rid of the commercial bias that exists from the sfc's and upwards and put in proper measures to benefit the biggest part of the rsa, and thats shore angling

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

And just so you know where they are coming from, Shaw has just released a press statement to say that the N Sea COD QUOTA for 2008 has been INCREASED by 11% as have days at sea for the commercial fleet.

I expect there'll be some discussion within the C/P Forum.

:angry:

And just so you know where they are coming from, Shaw has just released a press statement to say that the N Sea COD QUOTA for 2008 has been INCREASED by 11% as have days at sea for the commercial fleet.

I expect there'll be some discussion within the C/P Forum.

:angry:

My understanding was 10% reduction on days at sea?

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

There is only one reson for this preposed bill and that is money! As said by themselves and i quote , "To capitalise on the economic potential of the sport".

The rest is a smoke screen, with the vain hope that this old flannel will wash away any fears that we might have.

The bit about the environment is yet again cobblers!

The angling community has had its problems in its past with dodgy practise, i.e gaffing. line disgarding, littering and under size fishing. The fact is that the vast majority of anglers are more than aware of their environmental responsablities and have changed their ways to accomodate this. After all we wish to be able to fish the productive marks and have fish for the future.

I feel utterly dismayed at the money grabbing and erosion of our traditional rights by this govenment.

What are they going to tax next living (sorry they do that one), breeding, thinking and dying (oops sorry they tax that one as well)? When will they ever be honest with us and say "we're squint we need more of your money". Not a vote winner but at lest they are being honest.

Rant over. Tight lines.

squibs :angry:

Take for need not for greed. A wise old fisherman told me and why should I argue with him?