Religious fundamentalist terrorism strikes the US again

Ken L

Home grown this time....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34950261

Of course, it goes without saying that it won't be reported as an act of religiously inspired terror because nobody had a beard or wore a towel on their head.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken - sadly, I have to completely agree with you on this one.

Some of our fundamentalist/fanatic "Christians" make me glad that Jihad is not included in the Jewish/Christian bible and that no Christian preacher can publicly order them to war on people because they have different beliefs.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ken - sadly, I have to completely agree with you on this one.

Some of our fundamentalist/fanatic "Christians" make me glad that Jihad is not included in the Jewish/Christian bible and that no Christian preacher can publicly order them to war on people because they have different beliefs.

Any more ,we (christians) had no bother in the past executing those that had different views on christianity ,compared to our extremist (both against foreigners and here at home) acts ISIL is small fry and i believe if certain preachers told their throng to kill they certainly would ,after all if idiots still hang on to every word proven charlatans say their stupid enough to do anything

As for christian "jihad" the bibles full of it god was whispering excuses to exterminate races to the jews on a regular basis and we tried for centuries to do the same in the crusades

Monkey see monkey do ,the terrorists know terrorism works ,they see isreal expanding every year and our queen shaking hands with them in positions of power and know in the end their goals will be achieved if they kill enough people

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters - I think Christians did away with 'Jihad Mode" somewhere around the middle ages and these days, any preacher trying to get it started again would wind up in jail pretty quickly.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

"Motives still unknown" is on the news media I have seen, so will make no comment.

However, pure hate is not confined to religious belief,

I once encountered it over as trivial an item as a postage stamp. I worked for a short time for a pharmaceutical company. They believed in keeping us up to date. So they subscribed to the Lancet, the British Medical Journal, and various other technical publications. One set of subs between six of us. We would receive, read and post each journal on to the next guy on the list.

So it came about that I had a copy of the Lancet to post on to my colleague Nick. I happened to be in Edenbridge that morning, the box containing journals and stationery was in the car, so I popped the journal into a big A3 stout envelope, addressed it, tucked the flap in, and walked in to the local post office.

In those days, an unsealed envelope went at a cheaper rate than a sealed one. But all rates were changing frequently (1970s inflation) so I asked for the current rate for unsealed.

"One shilling" was the reply.

Then he caught sight of the envelope I was carrying.

"I cannot accept that envelope" he said

"Oh, why not ?"

"Because", he said, in a condescending tone, raised for the benefit of the queue behind me, " it is what we call a trap envelope, and other peoples' mail might become trapped inside. I WILL NOT ACCEPT IT"

News to me, I had posted scores such in the preceding months, never had any objection from our local posties, nor heard of any "trapped mail" turning up with the medical journals.

So.... "OK" I said mildly, "Just a shilling stamp then, please"

Coin and stamp exchanged hands.

Then I licked the stamp and stuck it on the envelope !

That really rattled his cage

"I HAVE JUST TOLD YOU" he roared " WE (Royal we ?) CANNOT ACCEPT TRAP ENVELOPES. IT IS AGAINST POST OFFICE REGULATIONS"

"That's OK," I replied, "I'm not asking you to accept it, I'm just going to put it in a post box - They are conveniently located everywhere, have a wide mouth for accepting mail, but don't use it to quote stupid regulations at people"

At that point he was clutching the bars of his grille giving a good impersonation of Warden Hodges (Dad's Army, played by Bill Pertwee) in one of his rages.

There was laughter coming from the queue behind, but the look in Jobsworth's eyes suggested that if he had the power to send me to the gas chambers, he would. Pure hate.

I left with "Bring that letter here !" ringing in my ears.

A thought struck me as I left. This guy was quite capable of staying behind after work to sort through the mail and intercept my letter

So I didn't post it in the box outside, but put it in the box in Crowborough on my way home.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

"I think Christians did away with 'Jihad Mode" somewhere around the middle ages".

Sadly not. You've just celebrated thanksgiving so you need look no further than your own rather inaccurately named "Pilgrim fathers" as agents of persecution.

The British, Dutch, French, Portuguese and Spanish empires all spread Christianity at the point of a sword.

Even the holocaust, although not strictly religious, dug deep into the centuries of religious hatred of the Jews preached not only by the Catholic church but also by such luminaries as

Martin Luther.

In the modern era, we have seen Christians homicidally slaughtering others in the name of Christianity (or their particular flavour of Christianity) in Northern Ireland, the former Yugoslavia, Rwanda and Burundi, The Central African Republic and several other locations.

Of course, not all Christians are homicidal maniacs (although such a position is certainly supported by scripture) but then again, neither are all Muslims.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Chesters - I think Christians did away with 'Jihad Mode" somewhere around the middle ages and these days, any preacher trying to get it started again would wind up in jail pretty quickly.

What if it's a lawyer?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

What if it's a lawyer?

A reference to Mr Choudary by any chance?

Is he back out of jail after his recent arrest?

All,

Is this the correct definition for jihad, as we are using it in this thread?

"any vigorous, emotional crusade for an idea" (Dictionary.com).

I would guess it's the migration from literal to metaphor. I'm going to start a crusade against that sort of linguistic impurity. ;)