Day Ticket Lakes In Sussex (Crawley)?

BigFishNut

Hiya Guys And Galls

Im Down In Sussex (Crawley) at the moment and just wonderd if you guys knew of any day ticket waters i could take my boy and his friend to for the day, looking to catch some carp, tench ect on carp kit as i only have 2 sets of rods with me but would like them to get there rods bent. its both there first time fishing so catching is a big must, yeah i know before you say it it's winter but aslong as there are a good head of fish i sure i can encourage a fish or 3 to feed, would love it if you guys could sergest a lake or two.

Many thanks and a very happy new year to you all, may this year bring more bent rods than the last and the need for bigger scales.

Gav

Work Is For People That Dont Know How To Fish!!

Hiya Guys And Galls

Im Down In Sussex (Crawley) at the moment and just wonderd if you guys knew of any day ticket waters i could take my boy and his friend to for the day, looking to catch some carp, tench ect on carp kit as i only have 2 sets of rods with me but would like them to get there rods bent. its both there first time fishing so catching is a big must, yeah i know before you say it it's winter but aslong as there are a good head of fish i sure i can encourage a fish or 3 to feed, would love it if you guys could sergest a lake or two.

Many thanks and a very happy new year to you all, may this year bring more bent rods than the last and the need for bigger scales.

Gav

Best place I can think of near you is Beaver Farm in Felbridge, drive towards East Grinstead, at the traffic lights at the Felbridge, turn left and Beaver farm is on your left after a few hundred yards, or go to Jack Frost Tackle and ask in there, you have quite a few day tickets around you in Crawley

hey bigfishnut

not really sure where abouts crawley is but you may want to check out framfeild(east sussex). good starting place for kids. all you need on the two match lakes is a pack of hooks and a loaf or two of bread and your good to go. the bigger fish are under the bank and later on in the session they start to get into double figures.

theres also a specimen lake with carp upto 25lb and tonnes of small cats that could be the next step up. halibut and meat work best and also the prices are very good.

you would probally have to ring up and see when the matches are on and arrange the sesion around that.

last time i went it was £7 for an adult and £4 for a child. and an additional rod is only another £1

you may be too far away from it. but it was just a thought

i live in kent and its about 40 mins to an hour in the morning depending on traffic.

cheers

in-line

hey bigfishnut

not really sure where abouts crawley is but you may want to check out framfeild(east sussex). good starting place for kids. all you need on the two match lakes is a pack of hooks and a loaf or two of bread and your good to go. the bigger fish are under the bank and later on in the session they start to get into double figures.

cheers

in-line

Crawley is right next door to Gatwick, so it would be a bit of a trek from there to Framfield, you mentioned that there are loads of small cats, do you target Cats when you fish there? If you do I know of another lake which can't be too far from you which is home to some proper monsters...

Edited by Chubstar

hey chubstar

when i go to framfeild i normally leave one rod out for the cats and another for carp. il have whatevers there.

were you thinking about elphicks?

ive seen the pics of the fish in the lakes although i never fished there.

cheers

in-line

Crawley to Monks lakes will not take to long and give you exactly what you want.

http://www.monklakes.co.uk/

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.