The Big Fish Off

Peter Waller

I'm sat here watching The Big Fish Off, amazing! Is this really the future of Angling in Britain? Sorry. Korda, loutish 'lads' on the loose, hardly the contemplative behavior long associated with angling, I really don't think that you are doing angling any great favours,

I watched ten minutes of bream fishing in Ireland whilst waiting for another programme..

A succession of two/three pound bream greeted with "OOHS" and "AAHS" and "don't they fight !" and "I had to backwind !"

(how very skillful that sounds to laymen !)

One bream was brandished at the camera as a "beautiful fish" - it had four red sores on its side.

Best summed up as "cringe-making"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

The Korda Kids out playing.

It may well attract a few kids with loads of dosh but will they stay around once the novelty wears off?

Would you want them to stay around Peter? I know I wouldn't.

I see, and hear, plenty of them already on the bank, and they're not all kids either.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I hold my hands up, I did watch the series...it was total rubbish :thumbdown: .

The recent Mat Hayes series wasn't much better either...so another :thumbdown: for that n'all

My mrs got me a box set of Wilson dvds from a local boot sale and i'm enjoying them :thumbs: .