Sea Fishing in Bournemouth

smalltincup

Me and my wife have moved mo Bournemouth a while ago and she brought me a sea rod and reel in hope i will bring her a fishy for her dishy. Could any one tell me of any reasonable places to do a spot of sea fishing. She eats just about any type of fish.

Thanks

stc

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Me and my wife have moved mo Bournemouth a while ago and she brought me a sea rod and reel in hope i will bring her a fishy for her dishy. Could any one tell me of any reasonable places to do a spot of sea fishing. She eats just about any type of fish.Thanks stc

Much would depend on the type of sea rod/reel she purchased for you :lol:

A little more info and I am sure some of the local lads will be able to help.

There is a wide variety of both shore and boat fishing to be had in the Poole and Bournemouth area

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Hi All

About a £25 quid beach rod (would say about 10ft) fixed spool reel again nothing to special, the rod and reel i have would probably be best suited to pier fishing or fishing off of rocks, should be able to cast about 50-60 yards and still me reasonable accurate.

Am a carp boy at heart or thats what i normally do, but the wife has been nagging for me to bring home some fish she can eat and not just here tell me about.

Thanks for any help

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Hi All

About a £25 quid beach rod (would say about 10ft) fixed spool reel again nothing to special, the rod and reel i have would probably be best suited to pier fishing or fishing off of rocks, should be able to cast about 50-60 yards and still me reasonable accurate.

Am a carp boy at heart or thats what i normally do, but the wife has been nagging for me to bring home some fish she can eat and not just here tell me about.

Thanks for any help

STC

:D With that set up I'd suggest the pier for whiting, codling etc and use your carp gear in the summer for mackeral, gars, plaice and bass. :D

:D With that set up I'd suggest the pier for whiting, codling etc and use your carp gear in the summer for mackeral, gars, plaice and bass. :D

At least the carp gear will be well deployed :lol::lol:

eat.gif

Petals Florist

Guest sandpipper

Personaly id use your carp gear and go to barton on sea and float fish some sandeels of the end of the rocks, or in a couple of months you will start getting the plaice, a word of warning if you have never fished bournemouth before read up on weaver fish. good luck

Me and my wife have moved mo Bournemouth a while ago and she brought me a sea rod and reel in hope i will bring her a fishy for her dishy. Could any one tell me of any reasonable places to do a spot of sea fishing. She eats just about any type of fish.

Thanks

stc

Hi & welcome to sunny Dorset.

I'm not supposed to put links to other forums in here but suffice to say if you Google WSF and look in the South Coast forum you'll find loads of info on fishing in Poole, Bournemouth and surrounding area. But don't hold your breath as its not the best shore fishing in UK. If you can travel a bit (E or W) or get out on a boat its much better but the beaches are pretty barren most of the time.

Good luck

To damn rough down there at pres,,,,,but there are few whiting about at night ,within that casting range on most common baits

Bournemouth pier is worth a go in the day time . but dont hold your breath ,,, seem to get 20 bad days to 1 good day at that place ,,

Then theres poole harbour for a few flounders ,,,if you catch them nearer the main entrance they dont taste to muddy,,,,,,its all very hit & miss at pres though,,,,,,,

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,

To damn rough down there at pres,,,,,but there are few whiting about at night ,within that casting range on most common baits

Bournemouth pier is worth a go in the day time . but dont hold your breath ,,, seem to get 20 bad days to 1 good day at that place ,,

Then theres poole harbour for a few flounders ,,,if you catch them nearer the main entrance they dont taste to muddy,,,,,,its all very hit & miss at pres though,,,,,,,

What about bass they used to show well after a good winters blow??

eat.gif

Petals Florist

What about bass they used to show well after a good winters blow??

Hi ken how are you keeping ,,,,times seemed to have changed since you lived here ,,, we all had a few checkers in and after a storm as kids ,,,,,but allas ,,,,,i think the gill neters have reaped several generations ,,,,,,,leaving us with the odd big wise survivor , or the 4 inch stuff ,,,not much in between,,,,grim days mate ,, roll on the 1 mile limit .......

Ime off to yak skoool,,,,,,no more overruns to get out there,,,,