Little Britain Lake Cowley middx

Klaus

Hi All

Anyone know much about Little Britain Lake free fishing, any good etc or the 2 rivers either side. I tried it in late october seems very shallow, was only there for about 3 hours no joy. Any other places nearby for free fishing I know the lake at the back of it charges.

Happy new year to all

Klaus

I recall fishing it many years ago and caught nothing. It was always busy (but then free = busy), and I never saw anything caught. I'd suggest you get a local club ticket for a better water and stick with that - Boyer Leisure are one of many that do reasonably priced club type tickets in that area.

Rob.

I live about 15 minutes away from little brittain lake, this lake was very popular many years back, over the last 10 years it has slowly died a death, the lake does have some nice carp in it, but it is very hard to catch, the bailiff John, had the contract from hillingdon council for many years, but over the last four years lost it, as no one was fishing there, it will only be free fishing untill the local council find another tender, all i can say if your thinking of coming a long way to fish it , don't bother, you are far better off fishing Farlows over the back, you can also fish the colne, or fraise either side of little brittain, as this also belongs to hillingdon council, this is also free fishing at the moment, hope this helps

Flyfish

Take a look in our Ebay shop for Carp Baits, Additives & other items

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Secret-Bait-A...Q3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

• 10 months later...
I live about 15 minutes away from little brittain lake, this lake was very popular many years back, over the last 10 years it has slowly died a death, the lake does have some nice carp in it, but it is very hard to catch, the bailiff John, had the contract from hillingdon council for many years, but over the last four years lost it, as no one was fishing there, it will only be free fishing untill the local council find another tender, all i can say if your thinking of coming a long way to fish it , don't bother, you are far better off fishing Farlows over the back, you can also fish the colne, or fraise either side of little brittain, as this also belongs to hillingdon council, this is also free fishing at the moment, hope this helps

Flyfish

I fished the river at Little Britain about eighteen months ago. I took a few small barbel casting up into the weirpool from the concrete sill - and lost a couple on a gravel bar that stretches the width of the pool. I also had chub up to 4lb 8oz from a number of swims, on meat with oily groundbait and crust with mashed bread and hemp. Best swims were the wierpool and about 100 yards below it where a backstream joined the main flow. Much of the river was pretty shallow, but the fish are in there. I walked the lake a fair bit, but never saw a thing.

Tight lines,

John

• 5 months later...

Fished Little Britain lake 3 times over last 4 years. with only 1 run from a carp (lost), and a 4lb tench near the lillies. Everytime, ended up fishing the Colne behind instead, with much more success. Lots of Chub lurking under trees etc. that can be quite easy to catch with freelined bait (found prawns to be very good). No sign of barbel though, but haven't had the chance to fish the wier.