Hello everyone

Mr Barramundi

................... Hey everyone my name is Jason I was looking around the net saw this Forum Thought I'd join And say Gday, Hopefully i can make some sort of Contribution to the place

well a little about me: Well I've been a Fishing/ Hunting Guide In the Northern Territory of Australia Since 1990, I'm not on here trying to get customers or anything like that as it happens i have plenty of them mostly regulars that i take fishing every year, so they become like friends after a few years

But if any of you good people are planning a trip out this way i'd like to think i could help you raise a scale or two, i live in Brisbane but i work in Darwin, its seasonal and at the moment it's the Wet season so i'm on months off, but when i'm back at work maybe end of March i'll dissapear into a Flood of fish Barramundi actually

6x8.jpg

This is one we caught on a River In the Northern Territory Last year Now this is an extreme example it was 131cm long and estimated to weigh over 60 pounds it was released unweighed and swam away hopefully to breed up a few milloin more just like her I might say You Don't get Fish like This Every day

Lately i've been making Video's Both Fishing/Hunting and How to's ect, hopefully these video's can be instructional or helpfull to some of you Here is an example I'm not Steven Spielburg But It's To the Point I think And Most people should be able to take something from my video's, this one is about "How to throw A Baitnet" (castnet)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/961061/how_t...aitnet_castnet/

And another On catching A Barramundi On Corroboree Billabong

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1006869/corr...ong_barramundi/

Well thats basically what I'm about I hope To be of Interest to You people on the other side of the world

Many thank's, Regards ......... Jason

Welcome to you Jason.

We have several members from down your way and a few others with relatives there.

I'll be having a look at your videos in a bit. It will be interesting to see if the techniques with a cast net are different and if they are, I'll probably be giving Oz style a try soon.

One of your countrymen will be visiting in late August for a couple of days fishing and we have a species of catfish that prefers freshly cut bait so I start a trip with netting to capture bait.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just watched the cast net piece and yup, I like it. Middle of the night here now but I want to watch when I can try it a few times.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Just watched the cast net piece and yup, I like it. Middle of the night here now but I want to watch when I can try it a few times.

.............. Thank's mate, Around Darwin Where i do most of My Fishing "Live Mullet" Is A really good Bait to catch them And this Is the way i Throw The net A few People Put the Net Over their shoulder But we have a lot of "Box Jellyfish" at different times of the year and a Sting from one of these guy's can Be FATAL so i use this one handed method, i think its a lot safer its pretty effective as well

But i Don't really use Much bait any more Mainly all lure fishing Catch and release

Cheers ......... Jason

Indeed - jellyfish would be an excellent reason to be carful handling the net.