Flounder Fishing

Zzippy

Went flounder fishing again yesterday.Same place different fishing partner ;D

Met SpeciMan just before 7am at the launch car park.It was a bit cold(Just above freezing).We wanted to be on the water by 7am to get the best of the tide,but were held up a bit by the Poole lifting Bridge.I always seem get caught at that Bridge lately ::)

Here is a pic of the sun just rising over the horizon

f562b876.jpg

Got sorted and set the gear up in record time and were quickly on our way.

35075f24.jpg

Arrived at the mark within 10 minutes of launching greatly helped out by the incoming tide.We maneuvered our kayaks and dropped anchor so we were just in front of the gravel bar.The idea was to cast over the bar and onto the mud the other side where hopefully the flounders would be ;)

72c3877a.jpg

SpeciMan setting up

8ea50e99.jpg

Ready for his first cast of the day

3b909339.jpg

Then the waiting game

73f2862d.jpg

And time to take in the perfect sunrise

a0310279.jpg

I didn't have long to wait.5 minutes into my first cast and I was in.First one this year for me and another one off the list ;D

d7bb1b7c.jpg

Quickly rebated and cast out again.A few minutes later and I was in again.By now the water was about 8" deep ;D.To the right of us the bay was still empty,the water hadn't reached that far up yet

2fa5fc22.jpg

Now it was SpeciMans turn for the action.First one of the year for Simon too

Fish on

811e8b80.jpg

Making a last attempt dive for freedom

aba47d69.jpg

Fish aboard

abacbaa0.jpg

SpeciMan re-baited and was in again within minutes.

706ba5fa.jpg

After about an hour the bites got faster and were more like rattles rather than pull.The small bass had moved in.

Speciman had a nice little bass just over a pound but think it was camera shy as the next pic shows....I dont know who was more surprised,The bass or SpeciMan ;D ;D ;D

e3dce23a.jpg

By now even the gentle breeze had dropped off so had time for some pics of the new Hi tec rod rest idea that LuckyRich had come up with ;):)

Here it is in use

383138a3.jpg

And just on its own.It can stay connected when the trolley is in use,It just spins over out of the way.

f4aa7752.jpg

A few photos of just how calm it had got

fa34ba3e.jpg

fa34ba3e.jpg

9196341c.jpg

We decided to land on one of the small islands to stretch our legs and have a bite to eat.

So time for a few more pics.Whilst on the Island we put our rods out to see if any Flounders were in close.

030297e0.jpg

ef00f5cd.jpg

dfe5ee3d.jpg

Finished lunch and headed back out on the water.The tide had slowed down now and the dreaded crabs had moved in.SpeciMan still managed 2 more flounders on the drift.

Another excellent day on the water with great company again.

Finall tally was 2 flounders for me and 1 bass and 4 Flounders for SpeciMan.

zzippy2.gif

Some cracking shots there. The idea of having lunch somewhere so out of the way is pretty cool, too :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Some cracking shots there. The idea of having lunch somewhere so out of the way is pretty cool, too :)

Thanks for the comment Elton :)

Could you please tell me how to edit the thread title please?I have put Flonder Fishing and cant seem to edit that bit :rolleyes:

zzippy2.gif

Thanks for the comment Elton :)

Could you please tell me how to edit the thread title please?I have put Flonder Fishing and cant seem to edit that bit :rolleyes:

I've amended it :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Er... you print out labels, to put on top of a fish.... then take a photo.....for a forum....you really need to see someone, quickly. :rolleyes:

:D:D That was a label for proof of my catch on the open species comp.It was the first flounder I had this year so labeled it.But I did take the Tesco price tag off it :whistling::roll1:

zzippy2.gif