bite alarms

wsmlewy

Has anyone got any idea on a good set of alarms with a receiver i need a set of three have been looking at delkim but unsure as the most exspensive may not be the best any ideas would be great.

many thanks

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set yourself a budget first, let the forum members know what sort of fishing you intend to do and then sit back and wait for the answers to roll in.

Otherwise, you could spend a lot of money on something that you don't really need :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Over many years I have used many different makes of bite alarms, starting from Herons and upgrading to what have been the cult alarms of the day but I have to say that the best alarms in terms of value and reliability that I have had have been those from a company called Good Fishing who have been involved with bite alarms for a long time. I have used and abused my old GFS alarms for many years both home and abroad coupled up to either a GF sounder box or a Fox remote receiver and they have never let me down and they have been out in some horrendous conditions. For occassional trips I also still use my Optonic XLs which have also been superb. It is well worth taking a look at the attached link.

/www.goodfishing.i12.com/

Over many years I have used many different makes of bite alarms, starting from Herons and upgrading to what have been the cult alarms of the day but I have to say that the best alarms in terms of value and reliability that I have had have been those from a company called Good Fishing who have been involved with bite alarms for a long time. I have used and abused my old GFS alarms for many years both home and abroad coupled up to either a GF sounder box or a Fox remote receiver and they have never let me down and they have been out in some horrendous conditions. For occassional trips I also still use my Optonic XLs which have also been superb. It is well worth taking a look at the attached link.

/www.goodfishing.i12.com/

Just got a pair of Sundridge optonics in a nice little case with receiver 200mtr range says in the instructions. Will be practicing my 200mtr sprint in order to get back to the rods(should be about 24 seconds dead, I would be if I could run that far!!!!!!) well at least they sound nice. Comes with a pair of bobbins that light up when alarms go off if you connect them,handy at night. Turn down the volume on the alarms strap the receiver to your hat fall asleep, less than £60 fishing shop in sheffield. Not sure what the fish think of them yet :) they do a set of 3 also about £80 no light up bobbins tho hey ho :rolleyes: pays your money takes your choice

Klaus

Hello and welcome,

I use the good fishing alarms they have been recommended a lot on the forum and they are excellent value.

They have a special offer at the moment and you can find some great prices.

http://www.goodfishing.ltd.uk/

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Has anyone got any idea on a good set of alarms with a receiver i need a set of three have been looking at delkim but unsure as the most exspensive may not be the best any ideas would be great.

many thanks

For course fishing the only bite indicators I use are are a float or a quiver tip. Is this for night fishing ?

Tony

they will be used for pike/carp fishing as this is all i do, i like the look of the good fishing alarms but havent heard of them before is there any reviews on them?

know one has mentioned anything on delkim is there a reason for this?

I have a good set of cheap alarms at the moment but no receiver can i link a receiver?

Edited by wsmlewy

they will be used for pike/carp fishing as this is all i do, i like the look of the good fishing alarms but havent heard of them before is there any reviews on them?

know one has mentioned anything on delkim is there a reason for this?

I have a good set of cheap alarms at the moment but no receiver can i link a receiver?

It's been said before on this forum but i can't recommend the 'Good Fishing 'alarms highly enough.They certainly do everything that the big name alarms do and at a fraction of the price.A mate has recently binned his troublesome big (little)name alarms in preference to these.Give em a go.

For a review,check this out http://www.fishingmagic.com/review/reviewp...698557332278680

I wrote a review of the Good Fishing bite alarm YEARS ago :)

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/reviews/gfm1.htm

It's been an excellent back-up alarm and is always highly recommended.

In fact, I should have received a free set by now, the amount of customers I've sent their way :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm going to get a pair of the Good Fishing alarms later in the year, based on the excellent reviews from people I trust here on AN. I think the reason Delkims haven't been mentioned is that (although they are very good) they're very expensive and in many cases not worth the money. It's the tackle tart's only choice of course!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music