bite alarms

wsmlewy

In a previous post I referred to my GFs alarms which should have been GFMs. The only difference that I can see is that the GFMs had an additional input to connect a drop off indicator enabling 2 rods to be fished from the same alarm. Do not be put off because you have never heard of them, as they have been around for a long time and I seem to recall (but I stand to be corrected if I am wrong) that the owner of Good Fishing whose name I can't remember used to be associated with Del Romang the founder of Delkim. There is a lot of history and pedigree behind the Good Fishing brand and in my opinion there is nothing that comes close in terms of value, performance and reliability. I have on two occassions dropped one in the water but having dried them out they have worked perfectly. I do tend to use them on the lower of the two sensitivity settings as the high setting drives me daft particularly when using light bobbins. As previously stated I use them in connection with a Good Fishing sounder box which reproduces the tone set on the alarms or if I am fishing in France connected to a Fox remote. Whilst they do not have all the bells and whistles i.e. drop back differentiation and a disco light show, they do what they are supposed to do and indicate movement. You won't go wrong with them.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to get a pair of the Good Fishing alarms later in the year, based on the excellent reviews from people I trust here on AN.

Be sure to mention that to them, please ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm going to get a pair of the Good Fishing alarms later in the year, based on the excellent reviews from people I trust here on AN. I think the reason Delkims haven't been mentioned is that (although they are very good) they're very expensive and in many cases not worth the money. It's the tackle tart's only choice of course!

Theres nowt wrong with being a tackle tart lol!

i understand that delkims use a ceramic plate that works on vibration from the line rather than a wheel system which is obviously better for indication but i have just priced them up showed the missus i even smiled nicely but she doesnt approve on the cost, she just muttered something about how many pairs of shoes she could by with that amount of cash lol!!

I will try those good fishing alarms for under a 1er you get 3 alarms and a receiver i will trust you all as the reviews seem good

Sorry to keep going on about them, but I've also been using the Good Fishing alarms for years. British, reliable, and excellent value for money.

And no I don't get commision!

The only downside is that they don't make one with a self-contained transmitter. Their radio ones are great if you use a pod or buzz bar, but no good for the minority like me who use spaced out banksticks.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Sorry to keep going on about them, but I've also been using the Good Fishing alarms for years. British, reliable, and excellent value for money.

And no I don't get commision!

The only downside is that they don't make one with a self-contained transmitter. Their radio ones are great if you use a pod or buzz bar, but no good for the minority like me who use spaced out banksticks.

im definetly interested in them im looking at some fox ones on ebay at the mo if i dont get them for the right money then im gona get them good fishing ones i trust you on this so if mine are crap i hold you responsible hahaha

Ive heard /seen quite a lot of good reports about these alarms .

good price as well i am thinking about getting bite alarms , i am in a bit of a don't know

situation at the moment ive got the choice between a pair of Good Fishing alarms £22.89 and a pair of fox warriors at £34 the pair

any suggestions would be helpful as both come highly recommended

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Ive heard /seen quite a lot of good reports about these alarms .

good price as well i am thinking about getting bite alarms , i am in a bit of a don't know

situation at the moment ive got the choice between a pair of Good Fishing alarms £22.89 and a pair of fox warriors at £34 the pair

any suggestions would be helpful as both come highly recommended

I've never used the Fox Warriors so can't comment.

However can the Warriors do anything that the less expensive Good Fishing alarms can't?

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

As Medwaygreen mentioned, Good Fishing have a special offer on at the moment. I assumed he just meant their normal weekly special on one product. However I see that for the whole of January they have 25% off everything! B)

By the way, one of the reasons that their products are such good value is that they're the manufacturers. Thus there's no middlemen to put the price up. Neither are there any advertising costs to pay for.

Edited by Steve Burke

Theres nowt wrong with being a tackle tart lol!

i understand that delkims use a ceramic plate that works on vibration from the line rather than a wheel system which is obviously better for indication but i have just priced them up showed the missus i even smiled nicely but she doesnt approve on the cost, she just muttered something about how many pairs of shoes she could by with that amount of cash lol!!

I will try those good fishing alarms for under a 1er you get 3 alarms and a receiver i will trust you all as the reviews seem good

Unlucky....I don't usually show the missus how much stuff costs..order online at work and hide all reciepts lol!