Leadcore: Good or Bad

FaTzy

The other day i was having a chat with a few fishing mates and we got onto the subject about leadcore! 1 was against it and 1 was for it but neither 1 explained why.

Basically i am after information on both the good side and the bad side of using leadcore! I have wanted to try it as i have heard about a few results my mates have.

I am trying to chase a new pb, as they have reach the 30's i need to try some new tactics to get the bigger 1's.

All help/information will be greatfully recieved.

Martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think it might help you, why not give it a try and see.

As suggested, search up previous topics on here to get an idea of possible dangers and how to use it safely.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I don't see how it can be used safely, even if you use a 'safe' rig which frees the lead in the event of a break it still leaves the fish trailing leadcore.

thats a very good point Rob that is wat i am worried about! i have already caught a few carp that have had rigs still in their mouths where ppl dont know wat they are doing!!

i am gonna have to research into to it more!

any suggestions where to look?????

martin

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

I don't see how it can be used safely, even if you use a 'safe' rig which frees the lead in the event of a break it still leaves the fish trailing leadcore.

That rather depends on the break point. There's no reason you can't use a hooklength of lighter BS than the mainline, in which case the leadcore would be jettisoned. I am however of the opinion that I would ban it and support any bans on it's use. It's not needed in a fishing situation and it's all too easy for someone to tie up a death rig with it - and most people have no idea how to use it safely, or even that the method they're using is a potential death trap.

Rob.

i understand where u are coming from Rob!!

So the best thing is not to use it unless u know what u r doing!!

martin

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)