loch awe

captainflash

One other thing to look out for apart from those maneating midges are the Ticks.

If walking through any long grass or ferns to go fishing then it is well worth while tucking your jeans into your socks and checking at night for the little buggers.

Only look like a pinhead at first but when full look more like a small Sloe.

Hire a boat from Loch Awe boats and try the edges of the loch.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went up to Awe a couple of years ago, in August. took a lodge on the eastern shore for a week, never saw a midge.

I did take my fly rods, but had far more spoert (from the shore) with lightweight spinning gear, wild browns and perch, and Pike to eel sections.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Yes there are some big Ferox in Awe and also some monster Pike.

Going around in a small boat a couple of years ago and disturbed a couple of big fish sunbathing on the surface.

Don`t know if they were Pike or what, they were in deep water, not the shallows.

Dave

ANMC Founder Member. Always learning