EFTTA - Sea Fishing Licence

Elton

Guest challenge
Where is the need to regulate the rsa. why should they be regulated. Who should pay. Jobs for the boys.

So do you think that the limited shellfish licence was a bad idea? Because at the end of the day these are recreational fishermen and therefore don’t need to be regulated.

As for jobs for the boys? Are you saying that any by-law or new regulation that is brought in is, for the sole reason to keep enforces in a job? :rolleyes:

Regards.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you think that the limited shellfish licence was a bad idea? Because at the end of the day these are recreational fishermen and therefore don’t need to be regulated.

As for jobs for the boys? Are you saying that any by-law or new regulation that is brought in is, for the sole reason to keep enforces in a job? :rolleyes:

Regards.

Hi challlenge

My experience of my SFC is that it is a job for the boys, I believe from the top down incompetance prevails and fishery officers are never seen.

No matter what ever happens regarding my SFC under the Marine Bill they will be exactly the same.

There attiude is it takes 3 years to MAYBE get a byelaw through therefore no need to bother

Like all industries you need the right people to manage them to make them suscessful, my SFC allways pick someone with no experiance of anything at all.

In short what a waste of time and money SFC's are.

steve

Regards.

No Challenge you mis-interpreted my reply, you asked if the rsa should have a limited angling permit, my reply to that was why does the rsa need regulation, i did not mention shellfish did i? You likend it to shellfish, i did not. Again why do you think that the rsa need regulation in any event, job for the boys, thats all. What else can it acheive, what use or purpose do you think it would serve, you tell me. There is a heck of a lot more wrong with the eu fishing plc, than targeting the rsa for unfounded or unwanted restriction. I bet if anyone was to ask the rsa for a voluntary logbook of fish caught and or landed to assist in data collection at no cost a lot of guys would be more than willing to provide it free of charge. Like for like if you look at the cfp. It is being miss-treated on a massive scale by both goverments and also the guys within the industry, because they know that they can get away with it. Remember the auditors report. Again, with that in mind why target the rsa. What have they done to deserve restriction. One last point anyone who goes out with the intention to catch, collect, fish, shell fish or whatever to sell to the general public, is not a rsa or a hobby bla bla bla, but either licenced or unlicenced commercial and not classed as rsa.

At the moment i think it's ken livingstone who is advising defra re the rsa.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi challlenge

My experience of my SFC is that it is a job for the boys, I believe from the top down incompetance prevails and fishery officers are never seen.

No matter what ever happens regarding my SFC under the Marine Bill they will be exactly the same.

There attiude is it takes 3 years to MAYBE get a byelaw through therefore no need to bother

Like all industries you need the right people to manage them to make them suscessful, my SFC allways pick someone with no experiance of anything at all.

In short what a waste of time and money SFC's are.

steve

Just read that, thanks Steve, there is still an enormous row re the ssfc regarding bylaw 16 and the charter over twelve boats, 99.9% cannot see the problem in amending the bylaw, half a dozen words, just like other sfc's have done, to help out except guys on this sfc who i believe have been fed incorrect information. When this first kicked off, there was three boats over twelve fishing in an angling competition, only one got chosen (picked) on, Pat Carlins new boat. The other two who were fishing near him were ignored. Pat Carlin also put it in perspective that this competition was generating something in the region of 250k for the town over two or three days. The reply was that the charter skippers have had it too good for too long.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

New Zealand, Norway and Iceland have authorities and politicians who put the fish first, who dare stand up against the presure from their commercial sector. I don't see anything like it in the UK meaning that you can put up a 400 mile zone for UK and it would still be overfished.

I am with you that those countries have better fisheries because of the overriding point that its IMPORTANT to them but then you have to go and spoil it IMHO with that crap on the end! -

It makes no sense whatsoever. Common sense says that the ties between the commercials and politics will be much tighter than here; hard to imagine the UK government risking everything by ramming other states trawlers to get them off their grounds. Can you really imagine any UK government doing something similar? me neither ;)

But you seem to believe this is because of a lack of opposition to commercial power? Sorry FF but i find that funny ;) Its clearly going to be the case that a lot more Icelandic/ Norwegian ministers have tight connections to the commercials; through social and business ties; they HAVE to make it work.

In the UK its about London, about "cool" green ideas, cozy chats remote from the people their latest cool "ism" that can generate a good reaction from the people that profit from the current "make em buy through fear" mentality . JUst mo ;)

"It all comes out of the cod end "as the fishers used to say ;)

Chris

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

I am with you that those countries have better fisheries because of the overriding point that its IMPORTANT to them but then you have to go and spoil it IMHO with that crap on the end! -

It makes no sense whatsoever. Common sense says that the ties between the commercials and politics will be much tighter than here; hard to imagine the UK government risking everything by ramming other states trawlers to get them off their grounds. Can you really imagine any UK government doing something similar? me neither ;)

But you seem to believe this is because of a lack of opposition to commercial power? Sorry FF but i find that funny ;) Its clearly going to be the case that a lot more Icelandic/ Norwegian ministers have tight connections to the commercials; through social and business ties; they HAVE to make it work.

In the UK its about London, about "cool" green ideas, cozy chats remote from the people their latest cool "ism" that can generate a good reaction from the people that profit from the current "make em buy through fear" mentality . JUst mo ;)

"It all comes out of the cod end "as the fishers used to say ;)

Chris

Don't forget the Icelanders cut the pressure off the stock by 30% overnight, that was i assume for the stock and not for the fishermens benifit.

You'r right about the cozy chats, they certainly do have an effect, all you need is entrance through the door.

If your face fits.

Just read that, thanks Steve, there is still an enormous row re the ssfc regarding bylaw 16 and the charter over twelve boats, 99.9% cannot see the problem in amending the bylaw, half a dozen words, just like other sfc's have done, to help out except guys on this sfc who i believe have been fed incorrect information. When this first kicked off, there was three boats over twelve fishing in an angling competition, only one got chosen (picked) on, Pat Carlins new boat. The other two who were fishing near him were ignored. Pat Carlin also put it in perspective that this competition was generating something in the region of 250k for the town over two or three days. The reply was that the charter skippers have had it too good for too long.

Meat sandwich.

Meat sandwich.

:huh: ?

Hi Steve,

How many year classes are being targeted, and do you know the percentage abundance of each year class?

I seem to remember that there were concerns about a very good year class which needs to be eked out to sustain the fishery year on year, rather than all taken at once.

Regards, Leon

Well pointed out Leon; the haddock stock, despite its massive size, is apparently just a year class and i'd certainly accept that we are unlikely to see the big haddock we once did, but their seem to be lot of them ;) Do you suppose haddock stocks were always one way (that we now need to protect, or do you suppose they have changed a lot over even the last 200 years?)

What is the "right" number of year classes btw? Does haddock or any other species have a "right" moment?

What is this "right" moment youi wish to fix events in Leon? ;)

Chris

:huh: ?

Just MHO but our RSA reps are really green reps, so they have particular take on events and will milk them all they can. On the other hand the commercials will do the same Most of this crap is local but feeds the national empty stomach for bad news so sort it out locally and avoid being the meat.

Edited by Jaffa