EFTTA - Sea Fishing Licence

Elton

GlenK

What would your thoughts (or anybody else come to that) be on a permit scheme where as recreational fishermen you would have a limited angling permit (Free of charge) to fish in the north eastern sea fisheries district. Anybody could apply for a said permit a bit like the limited shellfish permit. http://erycdata.eastriding.gov.uk/pls/port...FORMATION_0.DOC

How would you feel in being restricted to a daily catch limit in accordance with the said By-Law that would be put in place as requirements for issue and use of such a permit?

A scheme like this would help the local SFC, s in the accountability of recreational angling and (like the limited shellfish permit) help in the evaluation (in regards of numbers of participants) and the accountability in regard the amount of fish taken by anglers.

I believe that the next stage of the restricted shellfish licence will be the introduction of some kind of log book as to what each individual permit holder catches per week or days come to that.

These hobby fishermen in our district have now become accountable to the powers that be and I report that there has been an overwhelming support among the hobby fishermen to this scheme.

Of course the proof of the pudding will come this summer when these fishermen will be policed in the same way as our fulltime commercial fishermen.

Regards.

John a man with a wooden head knew what was comeing after a potting licence was introduced restrictions and more restrictions keeps you lads in a job more paperwork more money for you lads and that is just what will happen with the RSA licence, issueing a licence wont stop there it will restriction after restriction what you are saying on the above thread is that your own personal oppinion or is the veiw of the NORTHEASTERN SEA FISHERIES permits for you lads to check come on john it stands out like a sore thumb you might even get a bit of overtime.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest challenge
John a man with a wooden head knew what was comeing after a potting licence was introduced restrictions and more restrictions keeps you lads in a job more paperwork more money for you lads and that is just what will happen with the RSA licence, issueing a licence wont stop there it will restriction after restriction what you are saying on the above thread is that your own personal oppinion or is the veiw of the NORTHEASTERN SEA FISHERIES permits for you lads to check come on john it stands out like a sore thumb you might even get a bit of overtime.

Paul.

So you’re suggesting that the NESFC and its employee’s are pushing for restrictions on recreational sea anglers? (You couldn’t be more mistaken) so you think where wanting to enforce any such measures because it will mean more money for fishery officers? Please Paul get a grip.

So you’re saying that the introduction of a limited shellfish licence was to produce more legislation for us to sort out?

Nothing to do with us trying to improve the fishery for all stakeholders then?

nothing to do with the hundreds of pots that have been illegally fished over resent years and thousands of illegally caught and landed lobsters that have come ashore, all under the disguise of hobby fishermen.

There has actually been an increase in restricted permit application this year. So the restrictions, restrictions, restrictions as you put it have certainly not deterred recreational shellfish fishermen. In fact just the reverse...

Where all still doing the same hours Paul, it just means more work.

The question that I asked was my own personal opinion Paul. I was only asking Glenk for his opinion, I just wondered if it was the licence that most people where against or the cost for the said licence if indeed there ever is a licence cost introduced.

there has been an unrestricted shellfish licence enforce for years Paul, the addition of a restricted licence was introduced to recreational shell fishermen to bring them inline with there fellow shareholders in the region. It also allows us to monitor there fishery and to enforce the bylaw under which they fish.

Regards.

Wonder what the result had been if Iceland were without that NATO base on its territorie? 22 tax payer sponsored Navy frigates put at work for the boys. You think that was too little of an effort?
Looks like some smart Icelandic politicians got to work and i'd imagine they put a lot of effort into what they did because it mattered to them. I can't see any reason they would have to concern themselves with the amount the UK spent .....I'd guess there main line of thinking was making sure they have a living, while ours sems to be about who can adopt the highest rock :rolleyes:
Looks like some smart Icelandic politicians got to work and i'd imagine they put a lot of effort into what they did because it mattered to them. I can't see any reason they would have to concern themselves with the amount the UK spent .....I'd guess there main line of thinking was making sure they have a living, while ours seems to be about who can adopt the highest rock to spit on everyone else :rolleyes:
Looks like some smart Icelandic politicians got to work and i'd imagine they put a lot of effort into what they did because it mattered to them. I can't see any reason they would have to concern themselves with the amount the UK spent .....I'd guess there main line of thinking was making sure they have a living, while ours seems to be about who can adopt the highest rock to spit on everyone else :rolleyes:

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net