Anglers urge minister: "Think again on licences"

Elton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now here is the nitty gitty boat anglers are having a good time and some beach anglers are not, so angling reps tell the minister that all anglers are catching nought, is this mis-represention on behalf of the angling reps then????? and on that basis anglers are applying for the golden mile

I know alot of beach anglers that catch alot of nice fish.

Is there any room left in this little bubble you live in?

Does Wurzel live with you or does he have his own little gas filled eutopia?

Can you tell me where you get your lysergic inhaler from, is it an inhaler or is it in a spray form?

Its bloody good whatever it is!!! :):P :P :P :P :P :P :)

But at least the NRA licence fee pays towards the upkeep of the waters and stocking plans, not all anglers see this but it does goes on.

Not all anglers see it because not all anglers get it, the EA licence money gets spent on less than half of all inland waters in England and Wales, a large proportion of waters have never seen any money or have been visited by the EA, ever.

Joe

Now here is the nitty gitty boat anglers are having a good time and some beach anglers are not, so angling reps tell the minister that all anglers are catching nought, is this mis-represention on behalf of the angling reps then?????
- Steve G

No, your nitty gitty is a wild assumption and typical of an inshore commercial.

Nearly all boat anglers have a good time; because to them it an escape from their daily routines.

It is a pastime/hobby. It is not done for cash in a do or die battle to make a living. The 'average' boat angler does not catch kilos and kilos of fish and slaughter small immature fish wholesale in the process.

I fish from a boat about a quarter of my fishing time. Sometimes I get two or three bass, but seldom do I retain one. I catch my fair share of plaice and any that I can release, I do. I love my bream fishing and sometimes I have a successful day and catch 20 up to 4lbs. I never take more than 4 bream to eat. In competitions and pleasure, I have caught 60 kilos of smoothhounds, but they all are returned.

From the beach, this past year I have returned about 90% of my catches, including plaice to 3-13-0 and bass to 4.5 lbs. I also had a good few bream to 2.5lbs from the beach and they ALL were returned. Of 41 codling and cod I caught this winter, 31 were returned because they were not deep-hooked.

Of the 10% of my total catches which I kept, most were mackerel, scad and garfish. Some are used for bait and others I eat. In all honesty I might have relieved the sea of perhaps 10 kilos of fish over 12 months.

Now. since it's topical, compare that with the fish caught by a couple of dozen under 10s in the past 6 weeks from area VIId alone. Over 54 tonnes of cod ... got me?

Over 54 tonnes of cod in 6 weeks.

Bleat on dear Steve about the massive impact of anglers on inshore fish stocks.

I know you will; bleat on.

:wallbash:

- Steve G

No, your nitty gitty is a wild assumption and typical of an inshore commercial.

Nearly all boat anglers have a good time; because to them it an escape from their daily routines.

It is a pastime/hobby. It is not done for cash in a do or die battle to make a living. The 'average' boat angler does not catch kilos and kilos of fish and slaughter small immature fish wholesale in the process.

I fish from a boat about a quarter of my fishing time. Sometimes I get two or three bass, but seldom do I retain one. I catch my fair share of plaice and any that I can release, I do. I love my bream fishing and sometimes I have a successful day and catch 20 up to 4lbs. I never take more than 4 bream to eat. In competitions and pleasure, I have caught 60 kilos of smoothhounds, but they all are returned.

From the beach, this past year I have returned about 90% of my catches, including plaice to 3-13-0 and bass to 4.5 lbs. I also had a good few bream to 2.5lbs from the beach and they ALL were returned. Of 41 codling and cod I caught this winter, 31 were returned because they were not deep-hooked.

Of the 10% of my total catches which I kept, most were mackerel, scad and garfish. Some are used for bait and others I eat. In all honesty I might have relieved the sea of perhaps 10 kilos of fish over 12 months.

Now. since it's topical, compare that with the fish caught by a couple of dozen under 10s in the past 6 weeks from area VIId alone. Over 54 tonnes of cod ... got me?

Over 54 tonnes of cod in 6 weeks.

Bleat on dear Steve about the massive impact of anglers on inshore fish stocks.

I know you will; bleat on.

:wallbash:

You seem to be the master of assumption HA ;) ;)

You assume that all there is a "typical inshore commercial" ,who therefore must have a " typical inshore commercial" attitude to any question; which is quite clearly nonsense to anyone that happens to live outside your wee patch :rolleyes:

You assume you know why boat anglers go out and do what they do! lol, thats some assumption ;) Up this way, some do indeed go out to catch fish foir tea, catch for the next 6 mths tea, catch to feed the cat, ........ not one group at all. I have never heard of anglers around this way going out to catch fish to sell; clearly a problem down south but not an issue here, yet no doubt we will be effected by your problems over that.

Nice diary of catches but personally I am not interested in what you did or did not return; thats your business surely and i can't see why you feel the need to justify it ;)

You say a couple of dozen under 10 meters take 54 tonnes of cod in 6 weeks and seem to suggest anglers should realise how stupid it is to compare the effect of anglers compared to the commercials. The numbers you talk about are a joke in Scotland/north east terms of boats and landings as we have the real powerhouse commercials so any comparison looks good (though shore fishing is excellent despite this thank ;) ) .

Have a look a closer look and think about at those figures you quote HA ;) I suspect youl'll find that finger you love to point at "the commercials" will end up pointing backwards due to a rubber band marked "Defra" . I got no problem if your small south coast issues get sorted either way. I'll get damn upset if i can't go fishing where i have since a kid ;)

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Now here is the nitty gitty boat anglers are having a good time and some beach anglers are not, so angling reps tell the minister that all anglers are catching nought, is this mis-represention on behalf of the angling reps then????? and on that basis anglers are applying for the golden mile

I know alot of beach anglers that catch alot of nice fish.

It seems to me that angling reps see DEFRA as an easy touch and are trying it on, theres no proof of what anglers catch and DEFRA know that and that is why angling licences and bag limits are looming, licence conditions willl be catch returns so as defra can then determine what effect anglers are having on fish stocks

Commercials will fight against the golden mile more so than what they did regarding the bass mls

steve

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

So much of a good time, on a fifteen hour boat trip in the middle of the channel last year, it took five hours to find a wreck that wasn't netted so we could drop anchor. It will get worse as pollack are now the next easy target. Twenty minutes after dropping, guess what, along comes the netter. Waste of time would be more appropriate.

Shore anglers, used to catch what i call fish, not those 36cm babies and this has an effect on what was one of the best bass grounds in the channel called the race where the average size is now 36cm or less.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Opinion/Bigger_Bass_Better_Days.html

More and more, we hear daily that there are more and more restriction placed on our inshore fishing, sounds like desperate measure management to me. Next it will be decommissioning. Wonder what our mr joy is going to suggest to his mate shaw next to glean the next lot of fish.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I have never heard of anglers around this way going out to catch fish to sell; clearly a problem down south but not an issue here, yet no doubt we will be effected by your problems over that.

No anglers sells fish, only the unlicenced commerial guys who are selling into the commercial market. On a charter boat all on board would need to be in on the conspiricy to sell as if one got a sniff that someone was selling, they would be unloaded pretty quickly, it is not a issue down south among the rsa, never has been.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

we at hastings will be asking mr shaw to find more fish our gripe mate is the allocation of fish.so we can make a living.as for a couple of dozen boats to take the quota i wish. lets look in last months sea angler some nice fish, big cod record bass, huge skate or was that my imagination. so my little inshore boat missed a few.we really are not the enemy the govermeny wants your money not me . i want to be earning a living not caught up in goverment red tape. they will get what they want nothing will really change apart from anglers being able to catch less fish because when the little boats are gone a super trawler owned by tesco or man utd football club will come an take the lot.

when the little boats are gone a super trawler owned by tesco or man utd football club will come an take the lot.

Now that's interesting, I think (?).

I can see pairs in a 4 2 4 formation or will a diamond in mid-field be more effective.

I assume the Under 10s are going to let 'MV The Reds' inside the 6 miles they've reserved for themselves first, eh?

As for the Kent inshore man yesterday saying he could 'walk to France' on the backs of Channel cod; I think he's more likely to walk via 'Cuckoo Land' first.

Anyway 'hasty', thanks fer givin' me a smile this morn!

;)