Anglers urge minister: "Think again on licences"

Elton

we at hastings will be asking mr shaw to find more fish our gripe mate is the allocation of fish.so we can make a living.as for a couple of dozen boats to take the quota i wish. lets look in last months sea angler some nice fish, big cod record bass, huge skate or was that my imagination. so my little inshore boat missed a few.we really are not the enemy the govermeny wants your money not me . i want to be earning a living not caught up in goverment red tape. they will get what they want nothing will really change apart from anglers being able to catch less fish because when the little boats are gone a super trawler owned by tesco or man utd football club will come an take the lot.

Do us a favour as i don't buy the mag, give us a few links so i can look at these big cod, bass and huge skate, thanks.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sheet sherlock

Which of your three brain cells convinced you that there was never any doubt about that one then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was only one of the brain cells, yes I think it was the one that helps me catch tons and tons of bass on my RODS every year, and biguns at that

:2::2:

:thumbs:

Is there any room left in this little bubble you live in?

Does Wurzel live with you or does he have his own little gas filled eutopia?

Can you tell me where you get your lysergic inhaler from, is it an inhaler or is it in a spray form?

Its bloody good whatever it is!!! :):P :P :P :P :P :P :)

Whatsup, nothing constructive to say, :2::2:

:bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

So much of a good time, on a fifteen hour boat trip in the middle of the channel last year, it took five hours to find a wreck that wasn't netted so we could drop anchor. It will get worse as pollack are now the next easy target. Twenty minutes after dropping, guess what, along comes the netter. Waste of time would be more appropriate.

Shore anglers, used to catch what i call fish, not those 36cm babies and this has an effect on what was one of the best bass grounds in the channel called the race where the average size is now 36cm or less.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Opinion/Bigger_Bass_Better_Days.html

More and more, we hear daily that there are more and more restriction placed on our inshore fishing, sounds like desperate measure management to me. Next it will be decommissioning. Wonder what our mr joy is going to suggest to his mate shaw next to glean the next lot of fish.

Hi Barry

I still catch loads of large bass the ones in those pictures are just average

steve

Edited by steve good

Hi Barry

I still catch loads of large bass the ones in those pictures are just average

steve

Hi Steve, I do know what you mean :D

bigbass.jpg

must get out more.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

- Steve G

No, your nitty gitty is a wild assumption and typical of an inshore commercial.

Nearly all boat anglers have a good time; because to them it an escape from their daily routines.

It is a pastime/hobby. It is not done for cash in a do or die battle to make a living. The 'average' boat angler does not catch kilos and kilos of fish and slaughter small immature fish wholesale in the process.

I fish from a boat about a quarter of my fishing time. Sometimes I get two or three bass, but seldom do I retain one. I catch my fair share of plaice and any that I can release, I do. I love my bream fishing and sometimes I have a successful day and catch 20 up to 4lbs. I never take more than 4 bream to eat. In competitions and pleasure, I have caught 60 kilos of smoothhounds, but they all are returned.

From the beach, this past year I have returned about 90% of my catches, including plaice to 3-13-0 and bass to 4.5 lbs. I also had a good few bream to 2.5lbs from the beach and they ALL were returned. Of 41 codling and cod I caught this winter, 31 were returned because they were not deep-hooked.

Of the 10% of my total catches which I kept, most were mackerel, scad and garfish. Some are used for bait and others I eat. In all honesty I might have relieved the sea of perhaps 10 kilos of fish over 12 months.

Now. since it's topical, compare that with the fish caught by a couple of dozen under 10s in the past 6 weeks from area VIId alone. Over 54 tonnes of cod ... got me?

Over 54 tonnes of cod in 6 weeks.

Bleat on dear Steve about the massive impact of anglers on inshore fish stocks.

I know you will; bleat on.

:wallbash:

I admire your conservation efforts HA but most of these returned fish will be caught by a commercial within days of been released by you along with the associated discards and environmental damage. It is fine for anglers to do whatever they they wish with their catch but in the scale of things they have a negligible impact on stocks which is just one reason why the whole licence and bag limit thing is just a front for raising more tax and jobs and pensions for the boys.

Steve is a 'bright' commercial fisherman (sorry if that seems a contradiction to many).

He'll fish, like I do, the % game and messes with bass, soles, scallops; whatever is most reward at a particular, opportune moment. There the similarity ends.

I have a feeling he trawls sandeels when he needs them and 'employs' frustrated hybrids who are only too pleased to fish and donate the bass to the general fund.

I would imagine his landings of prime bass are mostly from the Mid Ground/Swatchway/Outer Owers/Elbow areas and comprise rod-caught bass.

If I'm right he wouldn't tell me and if I'm wrong, he'll agree.

Doesn't matter.

Rod and Line is preferable to non-discriminatory otter boarding/gilling anyday!

Don't mention that 'B' word to me, please.

<_<

Steve is a 'bright' commercial fisherman (sorry if that seems a contradiction to many).

He'll fish, like I do, the % game and messes with bass, soles, scallops; whatever is most reward at a particular, opportune moment. There the similarity ends.

I have a feeling he trawls sandeels when he needs them and 'employs' frustrated hybrids who are only too pleased to fish and donate the bass to the general fund.

I would imagine his landings of prime bass are mostly from the Mid Ground/Swatchway/Outer Owers/Elbow areas and comprise rod-caught bass.

If I'm right he wouldn't tell me and if I'm wrong, he'll agree.

Doesn't matter.

Rod and Line is preferable to non-discriminatory otter boarding/gilling anyday!

Don't mention that 'B' word to me, please.

Hi H

QUOTE/ I have a feeling he trawls sandeels when he needs them and 'employs' frustrated hybrids who are only too pleased to fish and donate the bass to the general fund.

I am in partnership with my brother, on bass we employ no one, except when we have really good rod fishing and then we employ two very trusted friends both commercials one from Newhaven and one from Brighton, we have no hybrids that donate, we have worked out how when and why and that information stays with us.

QUOTE/ I would imagine his landings of prime bass are mostly from the Mid Ground/Swatchway/Outer Owers/Elbow areas and comprise rod-caught bass.

Have not fished those spots for along time,

My working area and bass knowlegde extends from St Alban Ledge to the west to past Beachy Head in the east and out pasted 20 miles offshore mind you in recent years I have tended to work east of the Ilse of Wight

steve

My working area and bass knowlegde extends from St Alban Ledge to the west to past Beachy Head in the east and out pasted 20 miles offshore mind you in recent years I have tended to work east of the Ilse of Wight.

I don't doubt your honesty, Steve. That's probably why you have some respect; unlike the cowboys with their drift (nocturnal) and gill nets throughout the Solent and in nursery areas -

"I were just murret fishun', yer Honor. We carn't avoid them leetle bass, Sur"

<_<

I don't doubt your honesty, Steve. That's probably why you have some respect; unlike the cowboys with their drift (nocturnal) and gill nets throughout the Solent and in nursery areas -

"I were just murret fishun', yer Honor. We carn't avoid them leetle bass, Sur"

<_<

Steve just nods