golden mile

hastfish

Are these dole fiddling rod and liners and the black selling of the stock, linked?
Hi BarryYes they are linked they are all called anglerssteve
Hi hastfish, this byelaw is for the months may to september only the rest of the time the beaches can be netted up to the high water mark, it was put in because of the game anglers ie, sea trout i think? anyway its for fixed nets not for drifting, trawling, sein, etc, fwiw its a crap byelaw imo. the golden mile would be good for both commercials and anglers down south, even if it does not provide one extra fish for the beach anglers? atleast commercials and hobby netters wont be getting the blame for it as they do now, so much. it could even repair the damage that has been done with the overall relations between the two and lead to better understandings etc, so what you got to lose hastfish? as far as i see it you and the other commercials in this area have a chance to gain from it.
Hi Stavey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the the guy form defra at the meeting in scarborough the other night he more or less said the golden mile was a non starter and more or less said it aint gonna happen.

paul.

Hi Paul,

Did he explain or give reasons why it was not delieverable? And who was it as a matter if interest?

It occurs to me that there are always lots of powerful examples of things that are either impossible or will never happen. One striking example of this is the demise of car manufacturing in Coventry. Who would have given any credence to this back in the early seventies? But here we are, thirty years on and the cars have all but gone.

Andy

Hi Paul,

Did he explain or give reasons why it was not delieverable? And who was it as a matter if interest?

It occurs to me that there are always lots of powerful examples of things that are either impossible or will never happen. One striking example of this is the demise of car manufacturing in Coventry. Who would have given any credence to this back in the early seventies? But here we are, thirty years on and the cars have all but gone.

Andy

Ryford it was brought up at the meeting but he more or less shrouged his shoulders saying he didnt think it was possible due to commercial pressure but on the other hand he said johnathon shaw had come under pressure for MPS regarding the sea anging licence and he was haveing second thoughts on the matter a statement from the minister will be made in april at some point regarding the sea angling licence but the feeling from the guy from defra if you can beleive him was the tide was turning fast against a sea angling licence but we will have to wait and see i dont think any of them can lie straight in bed.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge
Ryford it was brought up at the meeting but he more or less shrouged his shoulders saying he didnt think it was possible due to commercial pressure but on the other hand he said johnathon shaw had come under pressure for MPS regarding the sea anging licence and he was haveing second thoughts on the matter a statement from the minister will be made in april at some point regarding the sea angling licence but the feeling from the guy from defra if you can beleive him was the tide was turning fast against a sea angling licence but we will have to wait and see i dont think any of them can lie straight in bed.

Paul, it sounds as if you had a good meeting and you put over some good points. I suppose that April will bring a few answers one way or the other.

I wouldn’t Wright off the golden (carrot) mile just yet Paul still could be used in some form or another.

Did you get many fish the other day when we passed you well inside of robin hoods bay’s golden mile? :D

Regards.

Hi BarryYes they are linked they are all called anglerssteveHi Stavey

Hello steve, the dole fiddling rod and line bass bashers i am refering to are not a commercial rod and line fishermen or an rsa imo, just your regular w**kers cheating the system and there are quite a few of these from boat and shore, they also use nets to steve ;) cheers.........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Paul, it sounds as if you had a good meeting and you put over some good points. I suppose that April will bring a few answers one way or the other.

I wouldn’t Wright off the golden (carrot) mile just yet Paul still could be used in some form or another.

Did you get many fish the other day when we passed you well inside of robin hoods bay’s golden mile? :D

Regards.

Yes john we got one or two cod plus a ling dont like to say how many incase somebody is counting ;) but it was my regular crew on from halaifax and they enjoy the uptiding you allways get better quality fish off homrell hole the ground is cracking just in there plus you are only a couple of hundred yards from the shore bob got a nice fish just when you were passing us .

09032008001.jpg

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest challenge

Paul

Believe it or not Paul but its (homrell hole) a cracking place to fish all year round. Have had some cracking days in there with shads in June and July.

regards