Trakker armo mk11 2man bivvy.

Steelman68

£600 a bit steep for most check out the reviews on some of the other sites via google before you spend that much cash

or try this Bivvy

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Without wanting to upset Steelman68, could someone give me a clue what features could make a 2 man tent worth $1200.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Without wanting to upset Steelman68, could someone give me a clue what features could make a 2 man tent worth $1200.

My mate is looking at getting one, but he owns the tackle shop so it won't cost him 600 pounds !

I too fail to see why they are so expensive, but I believe they are made with high quality, heavy duty fabric. Very well waterproofed. They are pretty massive - almost big enough to park the car in !

If you want to go fishing in a great big tent then go for it, personally I'm much happier under an umbrella - and for 2 people, 2 umbrellas still work out far cheaper.

Rob.

A weak dollar? :D

You can see the Armo here and here.

Trakker do make extremely good products, so I suppose if you're reasonably well off and do a lot of carp fishing, then it's a good investment. I don't think I've ever heard a bad word said against them.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

"so I suppose if you're reasonably well off"

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

"so I suppose if you're reasonably well off"

Nah, if you were properly well off, you'd have a Karsten Inflatable Bivvy.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hello There

Thanks for all your comments chaps but I was hoping someone who owned one could give me an idea of what there like.

Ive done my homework and I understand that there made with this new aqua type breathable material which is unaffected by heat or cold. They say it can be erected in 20 seconds, pram hood constuction which they say is very stable.

Fishing up here in Scotland through the weekends on some of our lochs can be scary, the weather can be relentless at times.

I currently own a fox continental which takes 20 mins to erect its a decent bivvy but it took a battering last year, I spent the hole night holding onto the tent poles with rain dripping into the porch area during a gale. One of my maggot tubs was left open resulting in maggots climbing all up the walls of the bivvy. I spent £300 on this bivvy and its only 3years old so I am not rushing in to buy again because it is a top brand.

So if this bivvy is as good as the makers say it is , it will be worth its weight in gold.

Cmon they must be someone out there who owns one.

If so, I can guarantee they have not seen this topic. Our members are not the least bit shy about speaking up when they have anything to say (or in some cases, when we really don't have anything to say).

I can see from the conditions you describe that you do need something a bit sturdier than most anglers would.

Have a look at This Tent from the US and pay particular attention to the reviews. Some of the reviewers used it in places with some pretty wild, wet, and windy conditions and at under 4 lbs with a price of $160 (about £80) for the 3 man version, even with shipping and the additional 30% you will pay in duty/VAT/etc., it still works out costing you quite a bit less.

If that one does not suit, there are links on that page to several others that are slightly higher cost but still not bad and several links to more reviews and feature comparisons.

You won't find US listings for bivvies since we don't have that as a concept but all of these are similar enough to a UK bivvie to suit your purposes I think.

I have the 1 man version mate,it's made from aquatex material which doesn't retract or expand,i rate it highly but it does take a bit longer than 20 seconds to erect.

Have a shop around,i think you would get one for less than 600 notes,i assume you mean bivvy,overwrap and support frame for £600?