First time on a kayak

vlad

A good starter for any begginer is the new nintendo Wi game thats just out its for big bass fishing in a kayak, its fab you sit in your yak on the floor, paddle cast land fish and its just like being in a yak, it even takes into account wind and currents. Its a laugh buts its the next best thing to the real thing and only costs 39.99.

Your'e slipping Acko it's not even up to the standard of your usual codswallop :schmoll:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vlad

i live in wolverhampton so not too far from you.

i have a prowler 13 which has always amazed me how stable it is on the water although i'm lighter at 160lbs.

i have 2 years experience of kayak fishing so while i'm far from expert i would be happy to pass on any advice.

i shall be having a week on the yak(weather permitting) 1st week in june based in my caravan in aberdyfi but fishing out on the reef just north of tywyn for tope/bass/bream & you are welcome to join me.

geoff

Goeff

i stayed at CAE DU campsite last year are you 1 of the 3 guys who stayed on the campsite in sept?

i was impressed with all the gear and now i am seriously thinking of buying a Yak. looking at a prowler 13 and also a manta ray 12 angler, but cant make my mind up.

when s the best time to start fishing for the bass around tywyn and barmouth?

happy yakking

paul

just a clown and not even funny.

i thought the clown would have moved on when the circus left town . or perhaps they were fed up with him as well :D

jerseytrev

LOCATION JERSEY C.I.

kayak ok prowler angler 13 (yellow) NZ

Goeff

i stayed at CAE DU campsite last year are you 1 of the 3 guys who stayed on the campsite in sept?

i was impressed with all the gear and now i am seriously thinking of buying a Yak. looking at a prowler 13 and also a manta ray 12 angler, but cant make my mind up.

when s the best time to start fishing for the bass around tywyn and barmouth?

happy yakking

paul

Hi paul

Are you the guy who was being very successful spinning for bass at fairbourne? If so I am one of the 3 yakkers who you spoke to at cae du in september(i'm the one with the tattoos).I don't know anything about the manta ray 12 but the prowler 13 is probably the most popular model of fishing SOT yak being sold today, its well suited for fishing and is both stable and reasonably easy to paddle though not as quick as some other models(the blue kayak that we had was a prowler 13). the other two kayaks we had were prowler 4.5 elites these are a bit quicker and can carry more gear so they suit us more for the touring aspect.Both of these kayaks are ideal for fishing platforms and others to look at would be IMO the scupper pro, the prowler trident and if your not short of cash the kaskazi dorado.

we normally fish throughout the year at tywyn and the surrounding areas but the bass fishing seems to start around april onwards(we have caught bass there earlier than this but its unusual). Be careful about chasing bass around barmouth as the estuary is a bass nursery and so its illegal to target bass there, best to check the exact area the nursery covers as you don't want your gear confiscated there are signs up in barmouth giving the details, the estuary at aberdovey is also a bass nursery so the same applies.

Hope some of this helps

Snakey1