Foreign kid

Zoki@Serbia

Hello everybody!

I'm Zoran from Serbia,I just started pole fishing (but I've been match fishing for a long time) and Googled some interesting stuff on this forum so I decided I'll just register and make my life easier.Pardon me if my English isn't good enough,I only studied your language at school one class a week long time ago so...

Pozdrav from Serbia

Zoki

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody!

I'm Zoran from Serbia,I just started pole fishing (but I've been match fishing for a long time) and Googled some interesting stuff on this forum so I decided I'll just register and make my life easier.Pardon me if my English isn't good enough,I only studied your language at school one class a week long time ago so...

Pozdrav from Serbia

Zoki

Welcome, Zoki.

Your English is better than most of us Brits! :)

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thank you so much,I really appreciate this!! :)

I'm also glad you like my level of English,it's not a dificult language for me I guess,but you have some strange words so spelling and"double letters"were always a problem for Slavs since we write as we speak,only have single letters,read every letter as is... but I'm getting the hang of it! ;)

I'm allready enyoing it here,you have a lot of info about match & pole fishing here,we have several fishing forums but none of them has a"pole fishing"section,which is a shame really cause Serbia has a great national team,World champs from WC 2006,but interest for pole fishing in Serbia is almost non existant,mostly because of the prices,a nice pole,seat box,roller,landing net,keep net and small stuff like that will set you back over 1000 euros easy,that's a lot of money in Serbia,cause everything costs the same as in UK for example,but average monthly paycheck is about 300-350 euros!

But enough about me,are there any pole fishermen here,I would like to read some more on pole fishing (and match fishing too but I'm already a semi-pro so I have a little to learn,compared to pole fishing),and since buying books isn't an option for me I would appreciate any links,copy/paste texts,etc?

So far I got thru the basics,but pole rigs are something I yet have"investigate",and I have no info on this subject,which part of this forum (or the internet in general) is best to search for this kind of answers,I wouldn't want people to post answers on these questions here,just point me in the right direction!? :)

Pozdrav from Serbia

Zoki

Zdravo Zoki.

I have now exausted my entire Serbian vocabulary.

Welcome to AnglersNet. I can't offer any help on poles or match fishing since we have no tradition of either as the UK does but I can say we are glad to have you with us.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Pazdrav Koki pa dobrodošao , Tvoj engleski jezik 3. lice od TO BE u prezentu vrlo dobar pa nadam se taj nama će biti u mogućnosti za pomoć te ubuduće s tvoj pol ribarenje.

I hope you enjoy AN. :thumbs:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Pazdrav Koki pa dobrodošao , Tvoj engleski jezik 3. lice od TO BE u prezentu vrlo dobar pa nadam se taj nama će biti u mogućnosti za pomoć te ubuduće s tvoj pol ribarenje.

I hope you enjoy AN. :thumbs:

Well,well,someone who knows Serbian (or maybe Slovenian?) on AN,cool! :) Jel to znas zbog porekla ili bracne veze sa nekom"nasom"ili... ako nije tajna?

And I'm also glad that a Yankee,Zdravo Newt :) welcomed me here,just another plus for"sports know no boundaries (fishing included)",it's nice to be here,hope to talk to you more,even if it's not about match or pole fishing,I'm also fishing with artificial lures (mostly in the spring),chub and trout but I'll soon try catching some largemouth bass (yap,there are areas in Serbia where this species adapted to our waters),any help on that would be apreciated!

Pozdrav svima

Zoki

Dobra Dan Zoki

Where abouts in Serbia are you, Beograd?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Welcome to AN mate! if there is anything I can help with please just ask.Ive got plenty of books etc so if I cant find a diagram on the net or be bothered to draw one I can always (must not tell anyone though!) scan and send you them.

For a lot of what you want though you will be able to find on the Anglers Net main pages as well as searching the forums.

A question for you though if I may. Do your waters still hold big Wells Catfish? No idea of the name in your language but Sheat Fish,Waller,Silure,Siluro are other names for them? A lot of talk back in UK is that many were killed?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hello Tony U & Budgie

Tony,I'm not from Beograd,I'm living in a small town (by your standards,only about 55 000 people) called Jagodina,which is exactly half way betwen the capitol Beograd (Belgrade) and the next largest city of Niš (Nish),it's a nice town,quiet,clean,has a little zoo,aqua park,the Velika Morava river and a lot of lakes nearby...

Budgie,I don't know where you heard of people killing catfish (Siluro or Som in Serbian),some of them are being killed for meat cause people here CAN'T always fish just for pleasure,many of them MUST take some of their catch home to their family,many people are working for no more than 200-250 euros a month and prices here are pretty much the same as in the UK,ask yourself how would you live with that much money for a month over there,would you eat some of the fish you caught if there isn't enough money in the budget to make it thru the month!?

There are offcourse people who fish only for pleasure no matter how much we might need some aditional food for the family to strech our budget (like me,and me and my lady together have around 400 euros a month,barely enough for the two of us),and there are still some large catfish left in the rivers of Sava and Dunav and some large canals like DTD (Dunav-Tisa-Dunav,and in some large lakes like the one on the river Drina near Zvornik (but Drina is more famous for MLADICA,the same fish as the Mongolian and Rusian TAIMEN,basicaly a gigantic trout),and the rest of Serbian lakes have some smaller ones,they do need a lot of food to get really big,and to eat all year round (like in the Ebro river),but here they sleep for atleast 4 months!!

I'll try to post you a picture of one nice catfish caught in the lake near me (about 30kg or 65-66lb),in my village to be exact some 35km from Jagodina,it's a nice fish by our standards,most of them are smaller,some watters have an average of around 10kg (22lb),some more than that,and some even less,it depends of many things but Dunav and Sava hold the 100+lb ones in large quantities,catfish (som) does flurish in our watters,no one is poisoning them or killing more then needed for food if that's what you meant!?

cirabobaisomizlomnickogoo7.th.jpg

Pozdrav from Serbia

Zoki

P.S. I can't seem to find edit button anywhere (am I not alowed to edit posts yet?),so I'll need to add a P.S. like this:

The catfish in the picture was caught last summer in the little lake near my home village,and this catfish was RELEASED back into the lake,I thought this might be important to add,moderators can insert this into my previous post!!

P.P.S. I meant to write"There are offcourse people who fish only for pleasure no matter how much we might need some aditional food for the family to stretch our budget..."but I lost the second"t"in the stretch,I'm sorry,I should be more carefull cause your words seem to often get completely diferent meaning if writen the wrong way but I type really fast so... correct that too,please!?

Pozdrav from Serbia

Zoki