South Tyne

Dave Sadowski

you can get day tickets and week tickets for haltwhistle from MAGS newsagent (opposit the HSBC on the main street, next to the market place, haltwhistle).

fishing is both banks for most of the river from the POW camp at featherstone down to the alston arches. (it's single bank only from featherstone castle's wooden bridge up stream to the POW camp gates where fishing is on the opposit bank to the castle itself) Fly and spinner only from Park Burn (near the caravan park) down to the railway station signal box in Haltwhistle.

Single bank then on the haltwhistle side from Alston arches down to the haltwhistle burn. Finally you can fish single bank from woodhall farm down for about a mile.

approximatly 6 miles of bank.

day tickets are only available Feb to August 31st as are week tickets, though week tickets can be bought direct from the chairman, at his discretion, in september and october if you are staying at a B&B or campsite in and around haltwhistle.

Day tickets are £25, week tickets are £60.

By the way, how are you dave, I haven't heard from you for a while.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

you can get day tickets and week tickets for haltwhistle from MAGS newsagent (opposit the HSBC on the main street, next to the market place, haltwhistle).

fishing is both banks for most of the river from the POW camp at featherstone down to the alston arches. (it's single bank only from featherstone castle's wooden bridge up stream to the POW camp gates where fishing is on the opposit bank to the castle itself) Fly and spinner only from Park Burn (near the caravan park) down to the railway station signal box in Haltwhistle.

Single bank then on the haltwhistle side from Alston arches down to the haltwhistle burn. Finally you can fish single bank from woodhall farm down for about a mile.

approximatly 6 miles of bank.

day tickets are only available Feb to August 31st as are week tickets, though week tickets can be bought direct from the chairman, at his discretion, in september and october if you are staying at a B&B or campsite in and around haltwhistle.

Day tickets are £25, week tickets are £60.

By the way, how are you dave, I haven't heard from you for a while.

Phil

Thanks for that.

I’m now living down in Norfolk so the salmon fishing has taken a bit of a back seat for the time being.

Did you have a good season up at Haltwhistle last year?

I have been considering joining Alston & D AA. Don’t suppose you know what there water is like?

good pike fishing though, you should contact some of the guys on the coarse forum about that, there are some real norfolk pike experts on here.

Alston probably had a better season than us last year, there was so much water that the fish often went straight through to their stretches. Despite that our season was OK, some people had a lot of fish, the main problem was numbers on the bank...ie too many, hence the restriction on day and week tickets at the end of the year.

If you want sticking on the waiting list PM your details through, but it's likely to be a 4 year wait to get full membership, if not more. I suspect that the waiting list may be closed soon.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

good pike fishing though, you should contact some of the guys on the coarse forum about that, there are some real norfolk pike experts on here.

Alston probably had a better season than us last year, there was so much water that the fish often went straight through to their stretches. Despite that our season was OK, some people had a lot of fish, the main problem was numbers on the bank...ie too many, hence the restriction on day and week tickets at the end of the year.

If you want sticking on the waiting list PM your details through, but it's likely to be a 4 year wait to get full membership, if not more. I suspect that the waiting list may be closed soon.

Phil

I can't send PM's, is that because I have not made enough posts on here yet? But would like to go down on the waiting list.

I think the number of people wanting to fish the Tyne is increasing a lot every year, I believe from talking to a few of the lads that they also had the same problem down on the NAF water on the main river.

we do have a numbers problem, and a rents problem, as they keep going up.

sorry, you'll be able to send pm's after 15 posts, for obvious reasons I don't really want to put my personal contact details on open forum.

you'll be pencilled on the list as of this evening, just get your details to me when you can.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

we do have a numbers problem, and a rents problem, as they keep going up.

sorry, you'll be able to send pm's after 15 posts, for obvious reasons I don't really want to put my personal contact details on open forum.

you'll be pencilled on the list as of this evening, just get your details to me when you can.

Thanks Phil, I should soon clock up the 15 posts required.

I will send you all my details when I get there!