Two Different Stories

Good morning Wurzel, Can't see the under tens getting into quota buying and selling as the pirates have it all in any event. (good word that)

Don't you remember the struggling prawn fisherman last year who put himself on the news as he couldn't catch any prawn, 99% fish in his trawl, wonder how he is getting on now, he must have found some.

I agree with you that the nffo are secular and do not represent the fishing industry, apart from 25% give or take, that is. So why are they invited to brussels, why not an under ten delegation that make up the majority of the industry, seems fair to me.

Unfortunatly the under tens and the rsa are at the bottom of the pile, when it comes to the share out of the stock that is.

Hi Barry

QUOTE/ Unfortunatly the under tens and the rsa are at the bottom of the pile, when it comes to the share out of the stock that is.

Beg to differ on that one.

Under 10's in area v11d cannot catch any cod to next year whereas anglers can catch as much as they want.

Anglers have friends in high places, they are above conservation which means the under 10's are right at the bottom of the share out

steve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anglers have friends in high places, they are above conservation which means the under 10's are right at the bottom of the share out
- SteveG

Bruddy 'ell Steve, that's a turn around. I thought sea anglers were a disorganised rabble with no clout and no say in our fisheries!

Maybe there's been a revision of 'pecking order', eh?

I hope your right!

here's a good 'un too ...

AFTER years of resistance, the European Commission has finally agreed that recreational sea anglers should have a role in the CFP. The change of policy is included in a European Council Regulation published on 25 February. It said that Europe's fisheries sector now includes commercial and recreational fishing, which it defined as "non-commercial fishing activities exploiting (well! <_< ) living aquatic resources for recreation or sport".

The regulation in question relates to the collection, management and use of fisheries data and support for scientific advice regarding the CFP. This may mean sea anglers will in future have a more direct input into CFP reforms.

B)

Under 10's in area v11d cannot catch any cod to next year whereas anglers can catch as much as they want.

Yeah, right. They are crawling up the rods!

I think we need to make a distinction between "anglers", as in the average bloke standing on a beach freezing his nuts off and catching nothing, and "pseudo-commercial anglers" filling fish boxes on a wreck a hundred miles away. You won't get any argument from me that charters should be subject to similar rules to any other commercial fishing boat.

- SteveG

Bruddy 'ell Steve, that's a turn around. I thought sea anglers were a disorganised rabble with no clout and no say in our fisheries!

Maybe there's been a revision of 'pecking order', eh?

I hope your right!

here's a good 'un too ...

B)

Hi H

I would be worried by that european one if I were a angler tehe tehe

steve

Yeah, right. They are crawling up the rods!

I think we need to make a distinction between "anglers", as in the average bloke standing on a beach freezing his nuts off and catching nothing, and "pseudo-commercial anglers" filling fish boxes on a wreck a hundred miles away. You won't get any argument from me that charters should be subject to similar rules to any other commercial fishing boat.

What like fish quota's. Apart from the obvious example, Cheiften, is there any other charter boat that targets cod like that one? Even so how many days per year does it manage to get out and before restriction there would need to be calculation as to how much is the take, how it affects the stock and how many fish are put back alive, etc etc. What about the cheiften anglers themselves, how many times a year do they manage to get out, in relation to them stocking thier freezers for personal use. And the extra level of policemen to watch over them, who pays for that.

Is there evidance that the anglers go out on that one to sell into the commercial market?

Blimy Steve Good, we are arguing who is bottom of the pile now. :D I must be as it was three winters ago that i caught a decent cod off the ground, blo@dy useless thats me.

http://www.seafish.org/upload/file/fishing...agic_ship_3.JPG

There you go Colin, photo of a sucessfull pelagic boat coming into harbour, would you say that a charter boat needs to have the same sort of profile before restrictions aught to be considered. Don't think you would see one somehow unless it was sinking.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

thedogs wrote-'I did hear that netted fish were being sold as line caught, dont know how true this is.'

This did happen , a large fish firm from this end of the woods decided it would be a good idea to have their own tags made and attach them to netted bass. Luckily a handline fishermen noticed this in his local supermarket . I believe Trading Standards became involved which resolved the issue.

thedogs wrote-'I did hear that netted fish were being sold as line caught, dont know how true this is.'

This did happen , a large fish firm from this end of the woods decided it would be a good idea to have their own tags made and attach them to netted bass. Luckily a handline fishermen noticed this in his local supermarket . I believe Trading Standards became involved which resolved the issue.

Whilst not tagged, I have seen net caught bass being sold as line caught on a number of occasions.

What like fish quota's. Apart from the obvious example, Cheiften, is there any other charter boat that targets cod like that one? Even so how many days per year does it manage to get out and before restriction there would need to be calculation as to how much is the take, how it affects the stock and how many fish are put back alive, etc etc. What about the cheiften anglers themselves, how many times a year do they manage to get out, in relation to them stocking thier freezers for personal use. And the extra level of policemen to watch over them, who pays for that.

The Chieftain skipper makes a living from taking anglers to sea not from his own personnal catching of fish and not from selling of fish, whereas a commercial skipper makes his living from catching fish and selling it into a commercial market. Because there is a law against selling fish from an unlicensed powered boat anyone found to be selling fish caught on the chieftain would be open to prosecution.

So when people say boat anglers are unregulated they should really reevaluate the situation.

Guest challenge

Is there evidance that the anglers go out on that one to sell into the commercial market?

Blimy Steve Good, we are arguing who is bottom of the pile now. :D I must be as it was three winters ago that i caught a decent cod off the ground, blo@dy useless thats me.

http://www.seafish.org/upload/file/fishing...agic_ship_3.JPG

There you go Colin, photo of a sucessfull pelagic boat coming into harbour, would you say that a charter boat needs to have the same sort of profile before restrictions aught to be considered. Don't think you would see one somehow unless it was sinking.

The chieftains main fishery (the offshore option) has been an exceptional case of good management of there stock (i.e. no body else fishes where they fish and therefore they can manage there fishing marks) they have had the boat to go the distance and the knowledge and information for the areas they fish. The only restrictions in catching all the fish is that they must keep to legal MLS and as glenk points out, they are not allowed to sell there fish on a commercial basis.

The main reason that the chieftain was (and hopefully will remain) so successful on a commercial charter basis is that they caught so much fish.

Of course they where restricted on what they could do with all this fish financially, but not on how much they could catch and keep.

Your quite correct Barry the fishing on the chieftain was and still is quite unique and other angling boats should not be classed (in there fishing potential) as chieftain was and will be for years to come.

Regards.

Edited by challenge

So when people say boat anglers are unregulated they should really reevaluate the situation.

Who ever thought of that word to describe boat anglers needs putting down. Of course boat anglers are regulated, they have to follow the rules set out, the same as every one else. Just a crap discription

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..