Two Different Stories

Who ever thought of that word to describe boat anglers needs putting down. Of course boat anglers are regulated, they have to follow the rules set out, the same as every one else. Just a crap discription

Hi Barry

In a sense anglers are unregulated, anglers fish unrestricted by quotas and are therefore unaccountable for what they land, makes a mockery of the cod recovery programme.

steve

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Barry

In a sense anglers are unregulated, anglers fish unrestricted by quotas and are therefore unaccountable for what they land, makes a mockery of the cod recovery programme.

steve

Steve,

How can it make a mockery of the cod recovery programme, it would be different if anglers were landing tonnes and tonnes of the stuff. My freezers running on empty. If the anglers are making a difference to the stock i'm sure the likes of the minister would put a stop to it unless he ain't doing his job.

It appears that joe bogy might have his handle on the case with his latest proposels, (pair trawlers hammering posts link). Could be good for the under tens as he will be targetting the ones who discard the most and who have the highest kill rate and passing responsibility back to local areas. Looks like he will be doing something about the information that the eu fleets have failed to provide in making the cod recovery work in the first place.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Steve,

How can it make a mockery of the cod recovery programme, it would be different if anglers were landing tonnes and tonnes of the stuff. My freezers running on empty. If the anglers are making a difference to the stock i'm sure the likes of the minister would put a stop to it unless he ain't doing his job.

It appears that joe bogy might have his handle on the case with his latest proposels, (pair trawlers hammering posts link). Could be good for the under tens as he will be targetting the ones who discard the most and who have the highest kill rate and passing responsibility back to local areas. Looks like he will be doing something about the information that the eu fleets have failed to provide in making the cod recovery work in the first place.

Hello Barry

Collectively anglers are landing tonnes and tonnes, of course they are not having a noticeable effect on the stock but it can easily be engineered to make it look like they are in the same way as the inshore fleet has been.

Shortly the only cod being caught from the North sea and Channel inshore waters until next January will be by anglers, and with anglers sniping at commercial fishermen at every opportunity don't be surprised if you get some back.

If your freezer is empty there are three things you might need to do,

get out more, try a different bait , change your skipper.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Barry

Collectively anglers are landing tonnes and tonnes, of course they are not having a noticeable effect on the stock but it can easily be engineered to make it look like they are in the same way as the inshore fleet has been.

Shortly the only cod being caught from the North sea and Channel inshore waters until next January will be by anglers, and with anglers sniping at commercial fishermen at every opportunity don't be surprised if you get some back.

Morning Wurzel, engineering I agree, as the anglers are not in a position to give the under tens any quota, any sniping ain't going to acheive anything apart from anomosity, best ignored.

What about the armchair guys, can't any quota be gotten from them or is it thiers a too valuable commodity now to share out. Again what the eu have proposed this week regarding fairly sharing out of the stock appears to be interesting, if it actually happens that is, who knows.

Getting out is my problem, the only thing in my freezer at the moment is the bait. I'm sure there is a conspiricy as every time i have a trip booked latley, someone has whistled up the wind. Nothing wrong with my skippers apart from they don't like going out if it is too up and down.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Barry

Hi Peter

quote/ with anglers sniping at commercial fishermen at every opportunity don't be surprised if you get some back.

Exactly, just look on page FIVE of this weeks Fishing News

LOL LOL

:thumbs:

Steve

Hi Peter

quote/ with anglers sniping at commercial fishermen at every opportunity don't be surprised if you get some back.

LOL LOL

Steve

Hello Steve

Yes I saw that, I can under stand why but not sure I agree, I'm more of a live and let live and if it ain't broke don't fix it person.

I suppose it's the different perceptions on what’s broke that cause the conflict.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hi Peter

LOL LOL

Steve

Be fair. give us a link then so we can all join in. :)

Be fair. give us a link then so we can all join in. :)

http://www.intrafish.no/fn/?site=fnw

see 'Anglers must be licensed'

(Unfortunately you can read the whole story without a subscription)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

see 'Anglers must be licensed'

(Unfortunately you can't(?) read the whole story without a subscription)

- Leon

Well, in times of hardship for commercial fishermen, 'Fishing News' has to get its production costs from somewhere ....

B)

Hello Steve

Yes I saw that, I can under stand why but not sure I agree, I'm more of a live and let live and if it ain't broke don't fix it person.

I suppose it's the different perceptions on what’s broke that cause the conflict.

Hi Peter

I am a live and that let live chappie also, providing people treat me the same, I do not like things to be broken I prefer to maintain things to prevent them from being broken, sometimes things are hard to repair.

steve