Calling all South Wales kayakers

Dawsie

Same here with the equipment - seem to have spent as much on the extras as the yak itself. Am going out today for a test paddle to make sure it floats :D

Brian, if you want to fish over this way - Carms/Pembs - let me know as I'd be happy to meet up.

[/

thank's for the offer Pollacks, i will most certainly take up your offer, I was down on poppett sands ( I think thats how you spell it) the other day and Newgale, what a delight!

In life, some times your the pigeon........... and some times your the statue!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian the gas

I go to Newton Porthcawl. Mumbles. Oxwich.Milfordhaven.Dale. Sweansea river Towey

MARTIN

Martin.

Perhaps we could meet with pollacks when the weather allows

Hi Vlad,

Hope you choose well, like everything else these days, there is so much choice, it can be very confusing, look forward to meeting you on the water, keep in touch.

Gareth

Hi Vlad,

Hope you choose well, like everything else these days, there is so much choice, it can be very confusing, look forward to meeting you on the water, keep in touch.

Gareth

Hi Gareth

I just wondered if you had any views on this tarpon 100 I bought

Martin.

Perhaps we could meet with pollacks when the weather allows

H! Brian the gas

When i go down to milford way i go camping on a farm down in Dale w/e and holidays. Could meet you and pollacks down their.If we have a summer this year

H! Brian the gas

When i go down to milford way i go camping on a farm down in Dale w/e and holidays. Could meet you and pollacks down their.If we have a summer this year

Sounds good to me. I live central to all the places mentioned. St Brides bay would be one of my favourite places (from St Brides itself or Nolton Haven maybe), Dale is ideal for the haven. I'm hoping to get out most weekends if the weather ever allows it!

Hi Gareth

I just wondered if you had any views on this tarpon 100 I bought

Hi Martin,

Personally I think the Tarpons are good value, certainly very popular in the states.

Any particular reason for choosing the 100 model?

Sounds good to me. I live central to all the places mentioned. St Brides bay would be one of my favourite places (from St Brides itself or Nolton Haven maybe), Dale is ideal for the haven. I'm hoping to get out most weekends if the weather ever allows it!

Hey Pollacks,

Just read your post on the WSF site, well done mate, looks like your sorted, how did the anchoring go?

We are staying in Newport in June for a weeks holiday, you available for some fishing?

Gareth

Hey Pollacks,

Just read your post on the WSF site, well done mate, looks like your sorted, how did the anchoring go?

We are staying in Newport in June for a weeks holiday, you available for some fishing?

Gareth

Let me know when you are in the area as I'm sure we can get out from Newport a few times as it's pretty close to me. There's some great coastline to fish around there and I've always had trouble reaching the rocks from the land side.

The anchoring was fine except I haven't put on a proper tie point for the trolley or the anchor line yet. It surprised me the drag you get once the anchor bites in. What do you use to tie the anchor line to?

I'll post the photo I put on WSF as well :)

2008-04-04-MorfaBychan.jpg

H! Brian the gas

Sounds good to me Kirsty!