how many of you are from NE Scotland (do you fancy a boat hire)

arthurcodsbody

Where would everyone prefer Arbroath Or Stonehaven if we get a venue picked then we can think about dates, Although I live in arbroath I wouldn't actually mind giving Stonie a go never been out from there before, on the other hand I can vouch for a good skipper from Arbroath. Majority wins? sound fair?

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just decided I've hit burn out... I need a break and fishing is what I want to do. I'm going to get out as often as possable and with the amout of "talent" here if I can get out with some of you then I might just learn something.

So, all venues, marks, shore or boat, keep me in mind. If I'm not booked up then I should be up for it...

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

Probably be better if we had a couple oh dates and as DW said why not both, working a 3-3 rota offshore does give you a better chance of being able to make it ,but not everyone is as lucky .

So Bring it on!!!!!

Stonie or Arbroath am easy(so the wife says).!!

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Ok have spoke to jim this afternoon (would have posted ealier but all the lights on the rig went out got a bit busy)

Prices are:

Before April £16pp with rod and bait £18pp without

After April £18pp with rod & bait £20 without

Price rises across all abroath boats in april, this is for a 6 hr trip.

He has pointed out that the area doesnt really start fishing till Mayish, but will take us out if we're really keen,

My personal opinion would be to see what the stonie boats are up to first then maybe try arbroath later in the year.

Kenny I have no experience of the Girl Kathrine but have heard poor reveiws from different people.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

I'd like the Stoney venue....and,Kenny, as you say,Girl Kathrine IS one of the better boats in Arbroath harbour, but, ..I'll never set foot on that boat again..17 of us went out one day, and never TOUCHED a fish,the skip and crewman stayed in the wheelhouse all day,with the door shut,never came out once,drifted up and down, 1/2 mile out of the harbour,in some of the muddiest water I have ever seen,we asked to go to the Bell rock...too rough we were told,Jim Swankie passed us on the way in,his crew had about 1/2 dozen decent cod each,we asked where they had been...you got it,Bell Rock along with other boats.Thats why the door was shut, so we couldnt hear the radio. :mad: ..have a search on the sea fishing reports..... :mad: under Arbroath

[ 28. February 2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Sounds good to me Matt.

Just a wee thought if as usual the weather plays up, what about a shore venue !! Even if it dosent what about a shore some time in the commin months.

Its only because i am very inexperianced at boat angling ,but keen to try it oot all the same,not in the least worried about goin afloat as ive been a commercial fisherman and worked on rigs and boats for last 22 year.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum