how many of you are from NE Scotland (do you fancy a boat hire)

arthurcodsbody

Right I'll give some stonie boats a ring, like I say I have no recommendations so i'll just have to ring around.

I'm well up for a shore venue after all that my real hobby, a day out on the boat is a bit of a jolly. When I get home friday i'll check weather tides etc and we'll get somthing arranged, I can only speak of a few marks between here and Aberdeen if anyone knows of good marks to the south see how they've fished, get the tides and i'm game.

The reason I recommend Mari dawn is i've never failed to find fish, he even stayed out an extra hour for free once cos the fishing started of poor.

Dave the inshore fishing is sometimes that good here you don't need to steam miles offshore, but i do like hitting bell rock.

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you thinking of trying to get a 'last gasp' winter cod trip in - or waiting until the spring fish reappear?.

Spur-hound and I fished a club match last Sunday - around the Arbroath area there were a few fish caught, though nothing in great numbers.

The best bags came from Ethie Mains - though the Elephant rock marks produced a few fish. I was speaking to another angler who said the marks further up were producing more fish - Gourdon, Newtonhill etc.

Scrabsters beware - SH caught three codling and did well in the comp, so he has the bit berween his teeth and is destined to do well from the boat.

Cant find any numbers for stonie boats in the yellow pages anybody got any numbers?? Looks like a shore trip could be the order of the day till May time gives us the best chance of some good catches from the boat.

I'm more than happy to go out before may if people are keen. for £16 its a good day out any road people with plenty of travel might not be so keen but we'll have another bash later in the year What your thoughts?

Riverside Tackle SAC

The only number I have in my book is a guy called Brian Bartlett 01569-766040. Dont know if this is still a boat for hire (Stonehaven)

We did use Findlay Fraser at Arbroath I think he retired thought and I dont know what happened to the boat it was fully seated for fishing

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

big_cod:

are these boats fully legal and have public liability insurance seeens to cheao to me must be running at a loss

Yea the insurance cert is on display in the cab. and have DTI licences for 12 anglers These boats are govened I beleive by Angus council and have to fully meet their requirments, as I say i've only fished from the one boat so can only vouch for that one but i'm sure the girl Kathrine is the same.

Matt

Riverside Tackle SAC

just seems to cheap you need your code of practice certificate to get public liability insurance, they allways ask for your certificate number which is only to wright, they is an old saying if you pay peanuts you will always get monkeys but if you are lucky that is not always the case

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

IM not back onshore till the 11th ,then a weeks safety reps course till the 18th.

Me and a mate were planing a trip down the west coast probably Etive,Ballachulish or there abouts but that wont be untill 26-27th.

Again weather permiting,havent even wet aline this year due to commitments and weather, so starting to get withdrawls.

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum