kayak fishing on the Isle of wight

tman26

Hi guys I'm Trev from Bembridge on The Isle of wight, I'm 26 and have been fishing most of my life from my dads 31ft boat, beach and Ive been kayak fishing since june and caught 263 Bass of all sizes bigest being 6lb 1oz all on rapala lures, havnt done much bottom fishing from the kayak but i have had a nice 11.5lb undulate ray, spotted ray and a dog fish. looking forward to having ago for a Cod once we get some good weather. when i work out how to put pics up i will, and look forward to learning a bit from you guys.

Hiya tman26

Welcome to the forums.

Bembridge now thats a nice place in the world to live :) .I am just across the solent and up a bit from you.I have fished the Isle of wight but only by paddling across from Keyhaven and fishing round the Needles.Richi on these forums fishes there alot and has even done a round the Island trip :wacko::D

Looks like you like your Lure fishing.I havnt done much of that even though got some good places along the Purbecks for that type of fishing.

Look forward to seeing some pics.

All the best.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Pics - two ways

You can use a photohosting service (photobucket or similar) and select the link formatted like this one

[IMG=http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d128/newt/bammer.jpg]

which will display the photo like this.

bammer.jpg

Once you pass 15 posts you can use the forum's photohosting as long as you are either starting a topic or doing a full reply rather than a fast reply. Upload a photo from your PC and it will appear like the reduced size one below. A click on the thumbnail will give it full size.

fish.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest sandpipper

Hi T-man26 or (the Artist) as your know on b&b welcome and hope your not going to give/get the same sort of problems as we got on beach and boat website.

Regards

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Tman.

Welcome. :)

I too like Bembridge, what a cracking place, love the house boats, must be the nomad in me :D

Thats an impresive catch of Bass, well done you.

Same as you I like to fish for old silver sides, but cant match your success :D

Great sport on light tackle as you say.

Bill. :)