Windows 10

I clicked that I didn't want it on every occasion, but in the end Microsoft just installed it anyway. Having said that, so far I haven't found it too troublesome, but they keep sending me emails etc trying to encourage me to use the full potential of this wonderful new bla bla. They said to ask 'Octana' any question and 'have a chat', so I asked her/it if it was an angler, and it seemed to think I was either asking if it was angry or perhaps an angel!

My instinct is that I should ignore all their emails, but thought I'd check here first. Does anyone find any of the new features any use?

john clarke

Forced install of windows 10 doesnt sound alarm bells ? I think i mentioned this in another topic. If it was me id be moving straight to linux. Oh wait i did before win10 came out as i foreseen most of this shite.

Win 10 biggest pile of steaming crap spyware there ever was and ever will be. Have to ask yourself why, when you have said NO, does it install itself anyway. Something very odd about it indeed. All your files are belong to us[microshaft].

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Linux is OK these days, but it's not the platform that our software runs on or that our clients use, and while we could use Mono with Monodevelop or Eclipse, Windows is the path of least resistance. We are mostly resisting Win10, though, because we are dependent on some third party software that won't run on it (and has been replaced with a win10 version with a much more expensive licensing model).

Its fine but its best to switch off most of the bits that send data to microsoft ,its in there somewhere in the settings

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Steve. Ive got win 7 stripped down of all the crap that runs my photoshop and illustrator in a vm with linux as host. Got a new pc recent with an 8 cire cpu and 12gb of ram and thevm just feels like another window.

The windows vm has no net access at all and only has a shared folder for file access between host and vm. Works well for my needs maybe not your works without some sort of network access.

Chesters, time and time again i hear about win10 user having those settings totally ignored with each forced update and setting them back to full on spy.

Steve. I wouldnt change to win10. Its giving waaaaay to much control to microsoft and you are basicly at their mercy. What can you do though if it all goes tits up, nothing, 'its free, what more do you want' was what one such ms employee said im sure.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Steve. Ive got win 7 stripped down of all the crap that runs my photoshop and illustrator in a vm with linux as host. Got a new pc recent with an 8 cire cpu and 12gb of ram and thevm just feels like another window.

The windows vm has no net access at all and only has a shared folder for file access between host and vm. Works well for my needs maybe not your works without some sort of network access.

Chesters, time and time again i hear about win10 user having those settings totally ignored with each forced update and setting them back to full on spy.

Steve. I wouldnt change to win10. Its giving waaaaay to much control to microsoft and you are basicly at their mercy. What can you do though if it all goes tits up, nothing, 'its free, what more do you want' was what one such ms employee said im sure.

The good thing is i dont use my pc or win10 tablet for anything concerning money ,i use my playbook which isnt windows nor android and basically extremely safe data wise Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I fear I will stick with Windows. As a non expert it would be a big step to ditch it altogether. But can anyone tell me how to switch off the spyware bits, even bearing in mind Andrew's comments about it not lasting long? I assume I should turn off Octavia?

john clarke

• 3 months later...

only hours left before windows ten free offer expires, after that are we to loose all the advertisements to upgrade that they keep stuffing on our screens.

kin hope so.

windows 7 fan, it's working and it ain't broke. don't fix it.

• Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Tench,

Yup - there is a way. I too am way to stupid to do it myself. I have a service (Kaspersky) and for $54/yr they can't seem to do it either. They say they are an "internet security" company. They tell me I have "BLOAT" Apparently "ad wear" is extremely difficult to get rid of, especially when approved by the computer manufacturer (in this case Toshiba) or by the operating system (Windows 10 Pro).

There is free stuff out there where you follow steps. It seems I can't count to five. I've run it several times to no avail. I think you have to be able to jack around in the registry. I'M NOT GOING THERE - I can create enough havoc without really messing stuff up.

You can get rid of a lot of it by clicking the "X" and then clicking one of the three options.

I suggest you live with it unless you are doing something illegal or are personally paranoid.

Phone