Fed up!

Rusty

I’m poorly. I’m sitting at home with a blocked nose, blocked ears, a sore throat and I can’t sleep. This morning my GP prescribed antibiotics, decongestants and warned me of the snotfest which will take place in the not too distant future.

So what to do? I know I’ll tell people about a new cordless vacuum cleaner I recently bought.

I’ve always dismissed these as a gimmick not thinking that they’d have anywhere near the capability of a mains powered vacuum cleaner. I’ve also thought of Dyson’s products as brilliantly quirky designs which look interesting but don’t offer much over the competition and certainly don’t justify the high price. I was wrong on both counts.

The introduction of a new Dyson model has consigned the usurped cordless king to the discount bin so I took a punt on the older model, and what a revelation it is. Hoovering the house is the bane of my life, I detest it with a vengeance (rivalled only by catching bream) but this thing has made it almost bearable. Highly recommended;

http://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/dyson-v6/dyson-v6-absolute.aspx

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

We dumped the idea of one Rusty, simply because it would not stand up to top heavy said SWMBO.

She did not want it fixed to a wall,

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I've got the Animal version of that, great for doing the stairs. Although I wonder if it wouldn't be more efficient to hoover the dog and cats.

Take brush end off, stick pipe on nose and switch on. No more snotfest :D

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

I've got the Animal version of that, great for doing the stairs. Although I wonder if it wouldn't be more efficient to hoover the dog and cats.

I used to "hoover" my GSD with a big Rowenta Wet and Dry. A big strip of Gaffa tape is good for getting GSD hairs off all sorts of things, including the dog.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

In the middle of refurbishing the study-cum-library. 36 feet of shelves to be divested of books, redecorated, including the wall behind, the books dusted and replaced. Books are awkward to dust, especially along the top edge, but our Dyson Max cordless made short work of it

The tackle cupboards are next on the list.......

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Ah yes, the Close Season, when grown men sit around talking about vacuum cleaners. :sad2:

My local rubbish tip is fairly well organised , bins for this and bins for that etc, there is a noticeably large pile of vacuum cleaners in one corner, it's about 90% Dysons.

• Like 1

I used to "hoover" my GSD with a big Rowenta Wet and Dry. A big strip of Gaffa tape is good for getting GSD hairs off all sorts of things, including the dog.

He's not a big fan of Hoovermonsters, doesn't like the one that lives indoors and eats carpets, nor the big orange one that lives in the shed and eats grass. Thinks they need barked at.

Must be something about the noise, I've just bought a petrol lawnmower and he's not fussed about it.

My local rubbish tip is fairly well organised , bins for this and bins for that etc, there is a noticeably large pile of vacuum cleaners in one corner, it's about 90% Dysons.

Not surprised it looks like that, they've got twice the market share of anyone else and their products are distinctive looking.