Ape to man

Andrew

Ape to man in 02.57seconds

APE TO MAN

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Ape to man in 02.57seconds

Only in Sunderland.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

No. Sorry but I really don't like that sort of presentation. It makes evolution (particularly human evolution) appear to be a series of pre planned steps along the way to a goal - and it just isn't.

Edit: In Sunderland, the usual transition is from man to ape - especially on a Friday night when folks hit the 80/.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

No. Sorry but I really don't like that sort of presentation. It makes evolution (particularly human evolution) appear to be a series of pre planned steps along the way to a goal - and it just isn't.

Edit: In Sunderland, the usual transition is from man to ape - usually on a Friday night when folks hit the 80/.

"Ape to man" and "split from chimps" is wrong too.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Yep, I just love that discussion.

Q. When did we split from the Apes?

A. We are apes.

Q. OK, so when did we split from monkeys?

A. We are monkeys.

Then you have to explain that we are primates, we are mammals, we are chordates etc.

They still don't get it.

• Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Yep, I just love that discussion.

Q. When did we split from the Apes?

A. We are apes.

Q. OK, so when did we split from monkeys?

A. We are monkeys.

Then you have to explain that we are primates, we are mammals, we are chordates etc.

They still don't get it.

Once you've seen one eukaryote you've seen them all.

Ken,

You say, "and it just isn't". You're slipping, the remaining logical choice is "faith". Cory's not far behind. A single nuclei - that too is faith. You guys can't make your mind up.

Phone

Andrew, I thought the BBC thingy was great - if a bit simplistic. Someone should verify the genetic codes mentioned. That is smoke in it's finest form.

Ken,

You say, "and it just isn't". You're slipping, the remaining logical choice is "faith". Cory's not far behind. A single nuclei - that too is faith. You guys can't make your mind up.

Phone

Andrew, I thought the BBC thingy was great - if a bit simplistic. Someone should verify the genetic codes mentioned. That is smoke in it's finest form.

Not quite. What I meant is that all eukaryotes have cells and genes that are very similar. It does not take faith to KNOW that if you take the HOX gene that makes a mouse eye and transplant that into the larvae of a friut fly then that fruit fly will grow a flies eye on the site where you transplanted the gene. This is not difficult to do. These days you could buy all the equipment you need for a few hundred bucks from Ebay.

The beautiful thing about it is that it works, every time, whether you "believe in it or not" no "faith" required. You only need faith when you have to pretend to know thing you cannot possibly know.

The only difference between us Phone is that I disbelieve in one more deity than you do and the thought of being dead and staying dead does not frighten me.

Ken is right when he says "it just isn't". If you think that there is an evolutionary ladder or some "chain of being" then you just don't understand evolution.

Edited by corydoras

Cory,

Maybe, but that's not what you said. What you said is "faith based". Sort of depends on "who's ox is gored" unless you claim some right or benefit your explanation of "evolution" has more merit. Neither your or Ken's premise do well from the position of a repost.

Phone

I think sbit happens on a planetary and time based scenario as well as a human one ,things are here now because they are ,simple

Shibt happened countless times before man appeared shibt will happen when all trace of him has disappeared ,all the planet needs is hopefully the shibt man causes isnt to bad ,but i doubt even man cannot interfere with evolution as much as nature does without any qualms at all .

Its that left or right 50/50 thing but on a planetry scale ,i wonder what life on earth would be like if graet swathes of life hadnt disapeared in the past?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson