Femenism, SJW's and the LGBTQ agenda - Have we gone too far?

Ken L

Three video's that I've come across recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eHLnb6kYnc

And one more, but not for the video this time, but for the comments that result from the radical feminist/SJW/LGBTQ activists hijacking of the upcoming "Reason Rally " event in the US.

So Is Milo right? Have we overshot equality? Are the PC brigade and the Social Justice Warriors ruining everything?

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Unfortunately I could not follow the videos (because of deafness), but certainly I observe some aspects of anti-theism turning into a fanatical psuedo-religion, with people more concerned with winning debating points than with rational argument.

One point I picked up from the comments was the idea that religion was a contagious mental disease - vigorously denied by a religionist. Has (s)he never heard of radicalisation ? or even brainwashing? As a child I was forced to witness the spread of this contagion in my own parents - it is very real, and without a world-wide gestalt-switch will ultimately prove to be humankind's undoing. But there, although it seems acceptable to disagree with orthodox christianity, it is not "politically correct" to challenge the delusions of primitive religions.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I just had a look at the closed captions on Milo's speech and they are appalling.

Unfortunately, the only transcripts that I can find aren't in a format that I can cut and paste, but the speech can be read here.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I just had a look at the closed captions on Milo's speech and they are appalling.

Unfortunately, the only transcripts that I can find aren't in a format that I can cut and paste, but the speech can be read here.

Thanks for that. Read the speech. It read like something that might be put on our "Have a laugh" thread.

If meant to be serious, it is no better than the trend it is railing against.

Fortunately, the only people I have met remotely resembling those referred to were a few (fortunately a very few) university colleagues, who seized upon "political correctness", "gender equality", etc etc as a diversion from the self-evident truth that they were not very good in their own academic sphere. It is so much easier to sit in upon a colleague's lecture taking notes of "politically incorrect " phrases, than to deliver (say) an analysis of "Ice age traces in the Sahara"

I witnessed a colleague from the USA taken to task over using the phrase "you guys" - which (as far as I've heard it used) encompasses both sexes in the States. The objective of the complainant seemed to be to eliminate masculine nouns and pronouns from the English language.

Nobody ever tried it on with me, or else I would have invited her (or him) to take over the lecture on the grounds that colloquial English is the only language I am fluent in and delivering lectures in that language was one of the bases of my appointment.

It is unfortunate that the backlash against this sort of idiocy has produced its own counter-idiots.

• Like 2

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I for one can't stick the jerk!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I for one can't stick the jerk!

I tend to quite like people who are intelligent, articulate and confrontational enough to force people to think. Milo is gay, a Roman Catholic and an out and out neo con. I share non of those positions but I rather like him.

That's a side track though.

Has the SJW thing gone too far?

I tend to quite like people who are intelligent, articulate and confrontational enough to force people to think. Milo is gay, a Roman Catholic and an out and out neo con. I share non of those positions but I rather like him.

That's a side track though.

Has the SJW thing gone too far?

I still think he's a twit. Has the SJW "thing" gone too far"? Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

There is a fairly unedifying spectacle of identity politics eating its own tail as more-politically-correct-than-thou bumps up against "but I thought we were the special snowflakes?". Feminists and LGBT people getting no-platformed for speaking out against Islamic sexism and intolerance. Feminists arguing viciously with each other about whether trans-women should be excluded from their groups. Recently, LGBTQ groups proposing kicking gay men out of their groups because they don't think they suffer discrimination.

To be fair, it's mostly student activists, playing at politics.

• Like 1

All,

It is correct IMO that these issues are shallow, social attention getters with a purpose. It will "go as far" as funding will allow. I believe it is cleverly and carefully orchestrated as a distraction from _____________ (fill in the blank).

Phone

While important, the masses are often lemmings