Split shot

wotnobivvy

Whats the best make. Some will not open/close easily, whilst others seem to damage the line

Views please

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Wotnob,

I'm glad the perponderance of my fishing was in the lead (the metal) shot days. Any of the new stuff I've tried is at best a comprimise(sp).

No clue for you - but lead was best for fishing and worst for the environment I guess?

Phone

To be honest i use Dinsmore or Anchor,i have no problems with any,there cheap as well.

• Like 1

Take life as it comes,you get one chance so enjoy it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By far the best shot out there is Anchor.

What ever one does I strongly not to advise on buying fladen shot , I've tried this and is utter rubbish, it states that it's a soft shot but in fact is actually quite hard and can't be compressed with yer fingers onto the line like the softer Anchor shot can

I use anchor non-toxic split shot however I still use size 8 lead shot (lead shot in size 8 down to size 13 is still legal).

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

BB,

I must be reading your post wrong? Are sizes "8 down to 13" less than one ounce? For all intents and purposes anything smaller than one ounce is not allowed in the US. Each state is different but I think all states are banning "less than one ounce".

Phone

• Like 1
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

BB,

I must be reading your post wrong? Are sizes "8 down to 13" less than one ounce? For all intents and purposes anything smaller than one ounce is not allowed in the US. Each state is different but I think all states are banning "less than one ounce".

Phone

Size 8 -13 shots are extremely very smal, they are literally like the size of a pin head, these are generally used specifically for stick float, waggler and pole float rigs

Incidentally take a look on the the coarse forum and look further down through the threads until you see shoting patterns for roach, this will explain the use of these small shots, I'm using them virtually all of the time for most of me fishing

Edited by STUART WHITING
  • Like 1