UK Laws

Sportsman

For the last 40 years, UK law has been inextricably linked to EU Law.

All of the laws will have to be changed and there won't be time for them all to be passed through parliament so the Government / Civil Service will change them all without reference to anyone and they will be foisted on you, like it or not.

Anyone for democracy or freedom?

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

All of the laws will have to be changed and there won't be time for them all to be passed through parliament so the Government / Civil Service will change them all without reference to anyone and they will be foisted on you, like it or not.

:clap3: TBH I don't think much will change in the near future as most of the laws are good to OK and accepted by us. Some will go or be modified as they are a pain, cost money or are just an embuggerance factor. :clap3:

Dave, the votes are in, the nation as decided, rightly or wrongly, dependent on your beliefs. This 'Yar boo, sucks to you', 'told you so', type of post, will not change the vote, or help anyone to go forward.

John

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Sorry John, but that was not a yah boo post but a simple statement of fact that hasn't been mentioned.

Personally I am perfectly happy with the result. With regards to the [process I am disgusted with the level of falsehoods from both sides and surprised that people seem so accepting of it. Lies are the new truth. From a business point of view I am worried about the outcome.

If I misunderstood then I apologise, but it did seem that way to me, and I have read many of the childish petulant comments on various forums, and social media, and they are not helpful.

Anyone who believed the £35 million comments, or the £4,300 comments, need their collective heads examining. Same for those who think everything will change overnight, or that the transitions will be plain sailing. There is a lot of work to do, and we are in for a bumpy ride in the short term, but I do believe that we will be much better off, long term. This might be too late for me to see/enjoy it, or even for your short term business prospects, but I was never thinking short term anyway.

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

They already can and do its written in law and called a statutory instrument ,the government can also decide how long a bill is discusses ,labour forced through 3000 new laws under the terrorism bill with a debate time of less than two days

S i often say its not a democratic system we have its broken so why vote in mp's to encourage them to carry on? If you watch the parliament channel you will see the majority of laws are voted in by a handfull of mp's

We dont have to repeal all EU based law only the ones that punish us or hold us back ,some is very good some rotten but none our parliament couldnt dream up if they got of their arses and stopped being "influenced" by big business ,religeous minorities and brown envelopes

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You can't leave the EU without repealing all of the laws that were passed to join it

Parliament would have to amend or repeal a series of other Acts, as well as 44 years’ worth of EU-derived secondary legislation, especially statutory instruments passed under Section 2(2) of the 1972 Act, which would have no legal effect after it had been repealed,” writes Mark D’Arcy the BBC’s parliamentary correspondent.

I'm afraid that you can't keep the bits you want and discard the rest. There is not time for all of this to be done by Parliament so the Government will decide what you need.

If I misunderstood then I apologise, but it did seem that way to me, and I have read many of the childish petulant comments on various forums, and social media, and they are not helpful.

Anyone who believed the £35 million comments, or the £4,300 comments, need their collective heads examining. Same for those who think everything will change overnight, or that the transitions will be plain sailing. There is a lot of work to do, and we are in for a bumpy ride in the short term, but I do believe that we will be much better off, long term. This might be too late for me to see/enjoy it, or even for your short term business prospects, but I was never thinking short term anyway.

John.

You've been sold down the river. The UK has just bent over, spread it's butt cheeks and invited the whole world to give it a right royal buggering.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I asked a friend about this - he's a lawyer and a constitutional law geek. His response was;

I think he's pointing out that the "burden of red tape", and all the rest of EU law won't simply vanish, and it will actuall have to be examined, and then repealed, amended, or accepted, or replaced.
Passing all the necessary instruments through parliament will take a lot of time, and parliament already has more than it can deal with.
Directives (mostly) have been implemented in UK law, but Regulations have not been, as they have direct effect without being given local form.
And then there's also the jurisprudence (aka precedent setting case law), both from the ECJ, and UK courts, interpreting both EU law, and interpreting UK law in the light of EU law. And, as such, builds on what's happened before it can all get very entwined. It can't just be kicked away without leaving lacunae in its place (prior UK law will not pop back into action.)

So essentially someone has to review all of the EU micromanagement and decide what to keep for now. The big things have been implemented with UK primary legislation which won't be affected. I think this is the level of detail that gets bugger all parliamentary scrutiny anyway.

I am slightly amused by;

Out: "The EU makes all our laws" :angry:

In: "No it doesn't! Lies! It's a tiny proportion" :nono:

Brexit voted for

In: "Now look what you've done, you've got to review all your laws, the EU made them!" :rtfm:

• Like 2

I asked a friend about this - he's a lawyer and a constitutional law geek. His response was;

So essentially someone has to review all of the EU micromanagement and decide what to keep for now. The big things have been implemented with UK primary legislation which won't be affected. I think this is the level of detail that gets bugger all parliamentary scrutiny anyway.

I am slightly amused by;

Out: "The EU makes all our laws" :angry:

In: "No it doesn't! Lies! It's a tiny proportion" :nono:

Brexit voted for

In: "Now look what you've done, you've got to review all your laws, the EU made them!" :rtfm:

It's going to make a lot of lawyers and consultants incredibly rich, it's going to do bugger all at all for the man on the Clapham omnibus. The country has been sold a pig in a poke.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote