Glasto

Andrew

Anyone been watching it.

ZZ Top last night rocking the set.

Madness tonight, classic oldies and more to come.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Anyone been watching it.

No, but I read a bit in the paper about a chap that says he is glad he didn't go, because that saved him £228

There are two of us here that didn't go, but are going fishing instead.

That means £456 is put to better use

• Like 1

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I saw some of both ZZ Top and Madness and I thought there was something missing from both of them, can't quite find the word: but maybe I get too used to hearing the polished recorded product.

ELO was entertaining lots of drunk old guys reliving the goot times ,reminds me of the weyfest but the thieves rifling through your tent pay more entrance fee

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Watched a bit of Adele swearing her good-old cor-blimey Tottenham way through her OK set last night. She might think herself "cool", but there's something wrong with a songstress effing and blinding her way through what's supposed to be the headline act. Saw some of a very self-indulgent Muse on Friday which I switched off early. Apparently, that set was considered "epic" (?)

Jeff Lynne & ELO today were knockout, really polished act and mostly note-perfect running through the old stuff. A genuinely good act and, yes Chesters, I was one of them drunk old guys reliving the old times, albeit at home with a bottle of red wine.

While the good folk in the mud are prepared to pay £228 for the experience, they'll keep charging it. Did look like fun though!

Our chief weapon is surprise

Yes there were the old guys ,no doubt their children brought up listening to it and going by one youngster i spotted singing perhaps the grandkids as well LOL ,the guy in the boat was great .

I think in this case the outlay just organising it ,the stage and ancillaries and the bits and bobs going on in the background perhaps its not a big price ,i suspect a profits made but i doubt its as big as you would amagine

As for the weyfest its audible in a favourable wind but lacks the panache of glastonbury ,more bleary eyed hippies though come sunday morning

My taste is eclectic mostly electronic based but gaga to florida going via JMJ to oldfield and minaj ,gone off sabbath ,purple and ELP though they seem dated but not enough to wipe off the memory stick ,playing pump up the volume at the moment i did say i like electronic based music!

I prefer rita ora to adele ,far better tits

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Watched a bit of Adele swearing her good-old cor-blimey Tottenham way through her OK set last night. She might think herself "cool", but there's something wrong with a songstress effing and blinding her way through what's supposed to be the headline act. Saw some of a very self-indulgent Muse on Friday which I switched off early. Apparently, that set was considered "epic" (?)

Jeff Lynne & ELO today were knockout, really polished act and mostly note-perfect running through the old stuff. A genuinely good act and, yes Chesters, I was one of them drunk old guys reliving the old times, albeit at home with a bottle of red wine.

While the good folk in the mud are prepared to pay £228 for the experience, they'll keep charging it. Did look like fun though!

Adele ! !

Cannot stand that woman, screamer not a singer !

ELO cannot disagree with you mate, classics from them where top notch.

Coldplay last night, brilliant set, loved every minute of it.

I was also sat at home watching it, bit tipsy from an early evening sesh down the pubb watching/listening to a local band, very tight in their playing.

Glasto, hell yes i would pay the money for it no problem, just look at the top bands that have been on ! worth every penny, consider this, a ticket for Coldplay, The Who in concert, there,s £200 for starters

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Glastonbury Festival fined for killing fish

spacer.gif

Following a prosecution led by the Environment Agency, a judge fined Glastonbury Festival organisers £31,000 for polluting 4km of the River Whitelake with 20,000 gallons of untreated sewage in 2014. The incident killed 42 fish.

spacer.gif

We ask all anglers to please report any potential pollution to our incident hotline - 0800 80 70 60. Where we’re able to identify the polluter we’ll take firm action, including prosecution, to help stop the offence recurring.

spacer.gif

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Good enough for them. :hammer: :hammer:

“Vescere bracis meis”

42 fish in 4km of water doesnt say much for EA management!