Lycra louts

RUDD

I do a lot of cycling - most of it off road cross country stuff so I can enjoy the countryside.

A few days back whilst out in the automobile I started to over take, well within the speed limits on a fairly wide village road, three lycra clad cyclists, two abreast and one behind.

As I started to manoeuvre the one behind veered out to join his friends in a line of three abreast.

His bike came so close to my automobile that I had to give him a friendly warning toot from my horn in accordance with the highway code.

This warning tone was greeted with hand gestures from the cyclists, it would seem one of their tyres needed pumping up!

Being the friendly chap that I am I pulled over onto the verge and offered my assistance.

The cyclists, two male and one female with very rounded accents and an age of the mid fifties didn't have a puncture after all, they claimed I had tried to run one of their number down and further more had captured it on what can only be described as a covert recording device (not visible about their cycles or persons).

They then took my automobile registration and gave a threat to lodge a formal complaint with the local constabulary.

Oh good was my reply, I have the whole incident captured on that two way dash board mounted digital recording apparatus, would you like me to run it back for you?

They FVCKED off rather quickly - most have been in a hurry to find refreshment or relieve themselves.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Like 3

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I got a dash cam for my birthday, and some of the stuff I've recorded, from cyclists, drivers, pedestrians, even the police, is almost unbelievable.

I've seen a cyclist fall of her bike because she ran a red light, and then realised that she was heading into the path of other vehicles, one cyclist with one of those child trailers in tow, complete with toddler on board, weaving in and out of rush hour traffic, and texting at the same time! Two police cyclists riding down a narrow road, two abreast, at rush hour, causing a half mile tailback. I had one young idiot in a Golf GTi who decided that I wasn't accelerating away from a round about quick enough, so shot pass me at twice the speed limit, only for me to be directly behind him at the next lights. I laughed and shook my head, and my wife gave him a little wave. He was so incensed, that he started banging his steering wheel, giving me the finger, and when I continued laughing, opened the door to get out, forgetting that he had a seatbelt on, and nearly went head first into the road. When the lights had changed he proceeded at about 15 mph, kept braking, signalling to turn, and then accelerating off. I had this for a while when he pulled over and I passed him, he then followed me for about a mile, waving at me!

I still haven't worked out why I can't post pics and videos, I keep trying but not succeeded yet.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I do a lot of cycling - most of it off road cross country stuff so I can enjoy the countryside.

A few days back whilst out in the automobile I started to over take, well within the speed limits on a fairly wide village road, three lycra clad cyclists, two abreast and one behind.

As I started to manoeuvre the one behind veered out to join his friends in a line of three abreast.

His bike came so close to my automobile that I had to give him a friendly warning toot from my horn in accordance with the highway code.

This warning tone was greeted with hand gestures from the cyclists, it would seem one of their tyres needed pumping up!

Being the friendly chap that I am I pulled over onto the verge and offered my assistance.

The cyclists, two male and one female with very rounded accents and an age of the mid fifties didn't have a puncture after all, they claimed I had tried to run one of their number down and further more had captured it on what can only be described as a covert recording device (not visible about their cycles or persons).

They then took my automobile registration and gave a threat to lodge a formal complaint with the local constabulary.

Oh good was my reply, I have the whole incident captured on that two way dash board mounted digital recording apparatus, would you like me to run it back for you?

They FVCKED off rather quickly - most have been in a hurry to find refreshment or relieve themselves.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

automobile ? Where are you in the states?

Cameras covert or no are a necessity in the 21st century on all vehicles powered or not ,save all the hassle of one word against another

I recommend one at least on your house as well ,a carrier said a parcel had been delivered and showed as proof a squiggle ,i asked what time it had been delivered 9.35 ( or time to the effect) i asked if they would like timestamped footage of it not arriving at that time or perhamps footage of that day or week and a few hours later a "mistake" was discovered and it appeared the next day

A carrier last week dropped a parcel on the way up the path containing glass ,i remarked that was rather silly ,dropped what he said ,i pointed to the camera the parcel i said .luckily it survived because some carriers have silly rules about breakages the camera took care of those

I can ofcourse prove the above as my hard drive saves 3 weeks of footage but it could take some time going through it to find it to post on youtube ,if the parcel had been left unsigned for there would be no way of proving mr clumsey dropped it at all

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

As you may be aware, I commute by pushbike every day and there are plenty of total dicks on two wheels. Wrong way up a one way street, running red lights, pop out riding (hogging the curb an then swinging out without warning to avoid parked cars) and riding with no lights and no high viz are all common sins.

Then again, I also see plenty of idiot manoeuvres from the four wheel brigade.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

How long before compulsory dash cams are required for insurance?

Bar coded to match the motor to prevent theft and to aid the long arm of the law to check insurance details.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

How long before compulsory dash cams are required for insurance?

Bar coded to match the motor to prevent theft and to aid the long arm of the law to check insurance details.

It will come i am sure and cheap enough to fit ,not sure why they are needed for checking insurance details any npr car can do that and more as can overhead cameras on motorways ,car parks even supermarkets if needed

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was once hit head on by a car travelling at about 50miles an hour while I was riding my push bike The 80yr old woman had a dog sat on her knee and came round a sweeping bend on a very narrow country road flush up to the hedge on the opposite side of the road to where she should have been, I had no escape. Belive it or not she actually wrote off her car when it impacted on my body and it wasn't driveable so had to be removed by a recovery vehicle...winched onto it.

I had over 200 stitches in theatre and am left with nasty scarring etc. The poliice charged her and took her to court, she was found guilty of carless driving, fined 300 quid and given seven points to add to the three she had got whilst speeding "after she'd hit me" giving her 11 points in all so still enableing her to rive...no ban.

Her son,a London barrister had instructed her to go not guilty and make up all kinds of lies including "he was riding a racing bike and had his head down not looking where he was going".....I was on a mountain bike and there was a car behind me who saw everything happen. The people in the car behind where more shocked than me and thought I was a gonner.

Anyhow, after that I still think the "majority" of cyclists are total dick-heads...riding two abreast etc and seemingly revelling in the fact that cars have to stay stuck behind them for miles.

I've got fed with with it and if they give out sighn language or shout stuff I just pull over down the road to see if they want to retract the abuse or limp home.

I've noticed a lot of people riding horses are doing the very same thing, purposely riding two abreast and blocking the road...as far as i'm aware if there'only two or three on horseback or on push bikes they should ride single file, any more than three can form a group...reason being any more than three is longer than a vehicle to pass.

I think your right and it is legal but it's not recommended.

I still do a bit of cycling and quite a few of my pals are obsessed with it and cycle on and off road for seriously long distances. Neither myself nor any of my friends would ride two abreast on most occassions, it ain't fair on car drivers and it's not safe for the cyclist.

Depends on the circumstance, as I say I wouldn't do it on a narrow road but on normal roads its ok within reason and forces drivers to overtake sensibly rather than shoving you up the kerb by overtaking where its not safe to really do so. I cycle around 12 miles a day to and from work but on weekends I'll go out for a blast and cover anything up to a maximum of about 90 miles (normally around 30 - 60 miles) in a go mainly off road using cycle tracks and towpaths. I have cycled up cader idris in mid wales which was bloody hard work but great fun coming down afterwards.