A few hours out yesterday.....

Tigger

Good luck mate - only reason I ended up using the strawberry one was because it's all they had in stock in the shop.

I've a Match Sunday & I've mixed some Paste for pole for the first time.

I've watched other club members use it so hoping to do OK.

Probably start with Method feeder & meat 1st then fish paste over hemp.

Hemp is supposed to keep fish in the hole longer - rather than fishing over pellets where the fish move out once they've vacced them up.

• Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

OK Keith - not the Bream so much then, but bites are very positive all the same & hook themselves.

I do mostly commercials these days where not nearly so much finesse is required.

• Like 1

I've also bought a Bait-Tech liquid Corn Glug & added some to the Hemp, paste & Method mix (wetted pellets)

I never use anything but bread hense the poxy trout ,i go and sit by the river i cant have to many mini fish interrupting my thoughts while i wait for a cloud to come so i can catch ring pulls with my detector

Nice worms but that means a box to put them in ,bloody hard work

I gave up buying stuff to catch anglers decades ago

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I needed a trotting fix yesterday and as the weather was spot on off I went. I made my way to a swim that i've kept to myself as all the ones i've told people about in confidence have had a surge of anglers (their friends and their friends friends etc etc even adding pic's of them to the internet) after i've done so....never again!

Anyhow the river was low and clear but perfect for this spot as it's unfishable with only a little amount of water on it, even with a heavy lead. Third trot through and I had a nice barbel, after a few more trots through I hooked another barbel but this one seemed to be harder to budge as it held station in the fast water. I moved below it and just kept the pressure on causing the fish to fight against the current and me. When I did net the fish I knew it was a good one and deffo a double but was quite excited when I actually got hold of it, it was then that I realised it might be my new PB float caught barbel, my best being 11lb 13 ounces, two or three years ago now, times flying by!

Now this picture is a let down for me and the fish looks nothing like it's weight.....

2017-06-26%2014.54.10.jpg

Anyhow the fish was a couple of ounces over 13lb so a new PB for me, I just wish the pic's did it justice!

I finished up with eleven barbel and 14 chub, some very nice chub that had obviously only just spawned. A couple more pic's from the day.....

2017-06-26%2017.09.19.jpg

2017-06-26%2017.28.59.jpg

2017-06-26%2017.43.03.jpg

2017-06-26%2017.56.46.jpg

Edited by Tigger
  • Like 3

Tigger,

Great Anglers Net posts as always. The barbel in the first photo probably lacks the depth of the fish. I too wish the picture did this new "best" accomplishment justice. I have no idea how to add a third dimension to fish pictures.

Phone

Edited by Phone
  • Like 1

Belting fish there Ian. Beats my pb by a good pound. It is so hard to show their size when there is no one else there to photograph you holding it. Shame about your spots getting plundered. I'm on a new stretch at the moment so still trying to figure it out. Not had the best start to the season but I will figure it out.

• Like 1

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Belting fish there Ian. Beats my pb by a good pound. It is so hard to show their size when there is no one else there to photograph you holding it. Shame about your spots getting plundered. I'm on a new stretch at the moment so still trying to figure it out. Not had the best start to the season but I will figure it out.

Usually the seasons start slowly. I think this year the fish are still spawning hard and that'll slow the start down even more. Prolly better in a couple more weeks.

• Like 1

Yes I think you could be right. By all accounts I have heard it seems to be a slow start for most.

Yeah, I think your right Rick, I just got lucky and dropped on some bunched up fish.

On opening day I had a short trotting session and only had two trout out of a banker swim and yet a chap was legering in a deep still hole just below me and where you wouldn't think they'd be now and he had 5 chub and 5 barbel while I was there. I've no idea how long he stayed after or if he had any more but even if he didn't get anything else he'd had a great opening day...he was obviously in the right place at the right time....just luck really Rick.