Cotswold water park

Chris Thoel

Hi looking for information on the Cotswold water park area .

I have booked a lodge for a few days at the beginning of next month and we are right in the middle of the park near wind rush lake.

That is about as much has i know i need to know where the tackle shot is and where to fish i.e lake what can be caught and are the lakes day ticket where do i get tickets and any other things you think i should know

hello nice to see you all

Stopping in a lodge down at the Cotswold water park near windrush lake does anyone know anything about the area?

is it day ticket, where do i get tickets , where is the tackle shoe , what can i catch ?

thanks in advance

Hi Chris, welcome to the site. I'm miles away from the area, but had a little google and found these, I hope they help.

http://www.waterpark.org/things-to-do/activities/angling/

A quick call to the tackle shop, or the angling club, should answer your questions.

As to what can you catch? There looks to be so much water, that it seems like it will cater for almost anything, from carp infested waters, through more balanced mixed fisheries, to fly fishing for trout.

Good Luck, enjoy.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Steve walker if he sees this is the fella ,I joined some lakes there for Piking called Ashton Keynes ,there is a day ticket lake off spine road that runs through the middle of the park but I can't remember the name

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Hi Chris,

For reference, the Spine Road (B4696) is the long straight road running from the roundabout where you exit the A419.

There is a tackle shop in the waterpark, the Tackle Den, just off the Spine Road. From Windrush, you would turn right onto the Spine Road and then take the second left onto Cerney Wick Lane and then turn immediately left into the car park.

In terms of where to fish, I don't know of much day ticket fishing, because I usually buy club cards.

There is definitely day ticket fishing on two of the South Cerney AC waters in the Wickwater complex - carry on down the Spine Road past the Tackle Den, take the next left or the next left after that, there is a car park at either end of the complex. I don't know whether they unlock both gates for day ticket visitors so if one of them is locked, try the other! The complex is three waters, a gravel pit which is members only, a small heavily stocked mixed coarse pond and a commercial style carp match fishing pond. The latter two are available for day ticket visitors.

According to their website, Ham Pool is also now available on day ticket. This is the water their clubhouse sits by. Though I think you can get tickets for Wickwater from the bailiff on the bank, it's probably worth a trip to the clubhouse and Ham anyway. From Windrush, turn right onto the Spine Road and take the second right onto Broadway Lane. The fishing club is on your right, after the industrial unit, before you get into the village. It's quite a nice clubhouse to have a pint and sit by the lake.

I do know some day ticket waters further afield, but I think there are probably more of them in the waterpark - probably worth asking at the Tackle Den.

Map;

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Spine+Rd+E/@51.6647995,-1.9171954,15.29z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x48714006c45a89d1:0x29fe45464cb35661!8m2!3d51.6616697!4d-1.9126387

Hi, used to live in South Cerney which is in the Park. Dave Savage is the tackle dealer and has a shop in Cirencester and also one on the Water Park. It's very much a carp venue now, something that I didn't do back then, but I did fish for Tench, and very good it was too. Tench feed well in bright sunshine in gravel pits, so no need to worry if the sun is shining. Check out Ham Pool where South Cerney Angling Club have a club house (licensed) where you can relax with the family and fish too if you want. You might consider joining the club, they have some good lakes in the park

Also Keynes Park, local authority controlled, day tickets, and a family venue

You won't be disappointed.

Cerney tickets are about £60 though, bit steep to join the club for a few days!

Well as it is the main reason for being there, could be cheaper than a bunch of DT's, just trying to help...

Just checked ST is £70, DT's £8, 7day ticket £45.

Edited by Neil Smart