• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ClydeBuilt

ClydeBuilt

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:44 PM

Allright guys?

Been off the scene for a fair old spell thanks to some health issues and slowly trying to find my feet again, but blimey have things changed or what?

I feel like a new kid with all the gear available and looking forward to re-learning what I already new! LOL

#2 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:47 AM

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net.

Some of the gear and methods have been improved but fish are still fish and the old ways still work.  

What sort of fishing and waters do you like?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#3 ayjay

ayjay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,937 posts
  • Interests:Knife licking: birdwatching : :playing with mud and fire: beer.

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

Been off the scene for a fair old spell ........................................., but blimey have things changed or what?

I feel like a new kid with all the gear available and looking forward to re-learning what I already new! LOL

The fish are the same:  old tackle old methods and traditional baits will still catch them.

#4 ClydeBuilt

ClydeBuilt

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:07 PM

Fished the Lomond since I was 14-15 and by boat since my 20's.

Preferred stillwaters to rivers, so fished lochs mostly. 99% pike 1% other, nowdays Its the other way round.

Also did my stint on PAAS committee at the start as membership secretary and magazine editor. So wrote some stuff for the mag and did one for P&P.