stonehenge

barry luxton

Never visited, seen it from the road many times, so on the way home from devon we decided to stop off. £5.00 to park the car, refundable when you buy tickets to get on the shuttle bus that takes you 2 mile's to the stones.

At the counter £18.50 each to go to the stones. Me being tight, no way. so back to the car we go. Twice we were asked by others coming in what's it like and how much.

Back on the 303 we see the stones as usual, those who pay 18 quid each were half distance from our car and the stones, worth a visit? They must have been 300m away from the stones at least.

We done our bit for the national trust and let them keep our £5.00

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Losts of money made for some out of it ,the last time i bothered to look it up 30 million quid had been spent discussing the road and ofcourse if the road is gone you wont see it going past ,i visited it once it was rather overrated and ofcourse historically its a victorian restoration of a victorian idea of what it may have looked like.

Thinking though i wonder where all the missing stones went?

Not a lover of big business (especially charities)buying (or usually given) up the country and charging entrance fee ,if they want it they pay to keep it ,or let it fall down like nature intends

We had the local woods bought for a knock down price (because their a charity) by the rspb ,no restriction on access they promised ,firstly on getting their grubby hands on it they fenced off the perimeter ,then they cut down the woods,then they fenced off the bridal paths with gates every so far ,now they want to get rid of the paths and bridal ways incase it upsets birds that no longer live there ,and were paying for it

Bloody charities i think they are getting to up their own arses ,i took a watch back to one as it didnt work and they wanted to know everything about me to get a refund ,no details the snotty manager said no refund ,they got details of a house knocked down 16 years ago and i got my money poxy people ,they didnt give a crap who bought it when i handed over the money!

Sour faced bitch even pointed to a charity box once i got it back ,its ok i said i have a disabled person already pointing at the mrs and we left

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Everything's about money now, the world is run by accountants.

I can remember clambering around the stones as a kid: no restrictions at all then - and no, they hadn't just been erected, I'm not that old. :P

Everything's about money now, the world is run by accountants.

I can remember clambering around the stones as a kid: no restrictions at all then - and no, they hadn't just been erected, I'm not that old. :P

Plenty of graffiti as well even a former PM has scrawled his name on it i read somewhere ,never understood the relationship to the stones and prats dressed in white that appear occasionally
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

,never understood the relationship to the stones and prats dressed in white that appear occasionally

In the 17th and18th century it was suggested by those investigating the site that it had been a Druid temple.

This theory has since been discounted but that hasn't stopped the Druids from "claiming" it .

Losts of money made for some out of it ,the last time i bothered to look it up 30 million quid had been spent discussing the road and ofcourse if the road is gone you wont see it going past ,i visited it once it was rather overrated and ofcourse historically its a victorian restoration of a victorian idea of what it may have looked like.

Thinking though i wonder where all the missing stones went?

Not a lover of big business (especially charities)buying (or usually given) up the country and charging entrance fee ,if they want it they pay to keep it ,or let it fall down like nature intends

We had the local woods bought for a knock down price (because their a charity) by the rspb ,no restriction on access they promised ,firstly on getting their grubby hands on it they fenced off the perimeter ,then they cut down the woods,then they fenced off the bridal paths with gates every so far ,now they want to get rid of the paths and bridal ways incase it upsets birds that no longer live there ,and were paying for it

Bloody charities i think they are getting to up their own arses ,i took a watch back to one as it didnt work and they wanted to know everything about me to get a refund ,no details the snotty manager said no refund ,they got details of a house knocked down 16 years ago and i got my money poxy people ,they didnt give a crap who bought it when i handed over the money!

Sour faced bitch even pointed to a charity box once i got it back ,its ok i said i have a disabled person already pointing at the mrs and we left

:clap3: I was area shoot director for a shooting syndicate and we had 3,000 acres of woodland, ponds and arable to look after for our 3,000 pheasants and visiting duck. I was asked by the chairman to show someone from Natural England, or English Nature or something, around as a PR gesture. Happy to do it and even brought her a packed lunch and a drink. We had a good day walking round with me explaining what we did and why we did it. At the end of the day she said that she was amazed at the wildlife and birds we had on the site considering it was shot and how we had many more birds and bird species than the RSPB did on their sites. I said it was because we culled vermin like, magpies, crows, squirrels, foxes and rats etc and that we open rides through the trees to allow sun in to allow plants to grow and we planted game cover which in turn encouraged butterflies and insects and the food put out for pheasants was shared with other wildlife like voles and dormice. She said that the RSPB didn't allow the killing of feathered vermin and doubted if they controlled other vermin either and the woods were dark and dreary. So all in all a good day for country sports. :clap3:

• Like 1