• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jackdrfc

Jackdrfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:23 PM

Hi there guys I am looking round to try and find good spots on the river meden maun and poulterer does anyone have any knowledge of these rivers. Thanks.

#2 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:39 PM

Hi and welcome to Anglers' Net.  

Sorry, I don't know the area but there are almost certainly others on here who do and can offer suggestions.

I tweaked your title a little and moved the post to the Coarse section where it will get more looks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#3 Jackdrfc

Jackdrfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:03 PM

Thankyou m8 I'm new to this so don't know how it works properly

#4 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

Just glad to have you with us.  You'll get the hang of it soon enough.

When I first started here I didn't even notice I was in the wrong country and on the wrong side of the pond where the fishing styles and even most of the fish were unfamiliar.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#5 Jackdrfc

Jackdrfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:04 PM

Lol thanks I did just notice you were from America no wonder you don't know those rivers haha

#6 AddictedToScopex

AddictedToScopex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, gym and software development. No time for anything else. =)

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

Again I am not from those parts so don't know anything about the waters but welcome along. 

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

#7 chesters1

chesters1

AN Resident Contrarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,730 posts
  • Interests:fishing,fossils,researching intrepid reels and general being naughty

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

Strange so few answers ,i had to look up the rivers i thought they were in ireland or further abroad so surprised where they are (i dont get out much) i am further south so not much good.

I suppose to some its 'their' river so dont give any help so it stays that way ?!

Edited by chesters1, 23 September 2016 - 10:38 AM.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness  it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Whitby scallops caught by scottish boats best that money can buy,the nearer the shore they're dredged the better they taste

#8 Martin56

Martin56

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Horse Racing, Guitar.

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

Have a look at this mate - if you haven't seen it already??

https://www.google.c...guJTlCZI7hidI6g

Looks begging to be fished the old fashioned way - Trotted with a small Porcupine float with Maggot & Caster would be a good start??

Nothing fancy IMO. :nono:

Edited by Martin56, 24 September 2016 - 09:29 AM.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

#9 Jackdrfc

Jackdrfc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:52 PM

Thanks guys I have fished the idle for quite a few years I like the visual aspect being able to see the fish ! I have found barble on the maun and meden aswell as the ryton but any info on other locations would be a great advantage . Thanks anyway !