LABEL MAKING SOFTWARE

chesters1

hi ,i am after some advice ,i want to make a simple design so i can print it out on an iron on fabric at put it on a bag ,sounds simple? it was in linear letters

advised to try GIMP and INKSCAPE but for the life of me i cannot do what i wish.

Not an ordinary label/patch i want a round or better still oval badge say 3" high with letters in a 1" band radiating out from the middle ,the middle design of the thing is easy its linear .

Ofcourse i dont want to pay for the software its a one off and i HAVE looked online for a embroidered patch maker but so far have not found one that does a one off and ofcourse without the software cannot design one i can email to have made if i could.

Any ideas i thought of those button machines kids use but they only have linear type examples or just the option to paste in photos/

Thanks

something with a wizard

"Hey fool lets make a badge"

"oh you want a oval one here ya go"

"AH you want a smaller oval in the oval there we are"

"you want writing in the outside oval? that wont work buddy"

"AH if it was all aligned on a line from the centre that would do it ,here we go chap"

" hey thats easy in the middle just 3 durn letters you can do that boy"

flood fill the back ground with colour ,click printer bingo grandchild loves grandad

at the moment grandad is choked with nasty cold and with patches of hair removed trying to do it himself ,fricking cortana is no help

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Thanks i will have a look ,a quick glance though only shows linear letters on round labels but after my headache goes i will investigate more fully cheers

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

We used special paper which you printed the design on then ironed it on. You had to do it in reverse, but any art package can do it. We did T-shirts for the kids, but you can do it on any material then sew it on to a bag etc

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Got the material i have made lots of iron on stuff before but the hard bit this time is the design or rather the lettering cannot simply be inputted into the outer band it has to follow the curve ,straight writing ofcourse wont fit

This sort of thing ,the middles easy the outer band hard

https://www.embroidered-patches.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/polish-alpine-club.jpg

The site actually does one offs but trying to design over the phone difficult to achieve and my drawing skills non existant

Edited by chesters1

google "online logo maker" or just "logo maker"

theres tons out there that do click drag and drop all in the browser, some better than others. do your design take a screenshot (or save it if theres an option. usually cant without registering buying etc) send that to the printers to redesign it (around £35 in most places) obviously telling them to remove the watermark left by the free online logo makers.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Swoon £35 to make a 3" patch ,i might end up with a square one like normal LOL

Chesters1,

Make yourself clear. Do you want to design the patch or have a "one off" patch made - or - both? Design for free on free software - that will be easy. Now to have a "one off" made you will have to go to a trade school and submit a "project" for a student. Or, depending on how cheap you are ask to see one of those computerized industrial sewing machines. Ask for a demonstration of it producing this sort of design (your design). Tell then thank you and you will present it to the Board of Directors and get back with them. Works for me.

Phone

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/