FB vs the old way

Phone

All,

I really don't need "technical help" per-sey. I use the "old way" to access AN, since I don't have a phone or portable. Is there any difference I should be aware of? Is one technically better than the other.

Phone

Whats the old way ?semaphore from the highest hill?

I have a phone ,a playbook and a pc all look different i think its different browsers and theres a great difference between mobile and ordinary versions ,my playbook will not play with anything else but with the mobile version of AN but fine with any other website in full version everything thinks its using safari whatever that is besides shooting tame lions?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Is one technically better than the other.

To give a simple answer, no. Use whichever device you are most comfortable with.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

FB vs the oldway sounds like two questions phone,

I think you mean to ask is: is "mobile|phone|portable" anglers net forum better than "desktop" anglers net forum ?

The only difference is, a mobile device such as a phone will display anglers net a bit differently on its browser, a low fat version of the forum if you like. It's got less features but also trys to compact as much functionality into a simpler design because of the smaller screen on the phone. The main menu is in the 4 squares within a square up the top right. click it and it exapands down with links to things like private messages.

Heres what the low fat version looks like:

AN-lowfat.jpg

but that is not to say all devices will display the low fat version. the Ipad (tablet) might show the full fat version (the way it is currently displaying on your desktop pc browser) as it has a larger screen and more suited for the full fat version. using full fat on a small screen is a complete and utter ball ache.

the low fat version is pretty good for vegetating on the couch scrolling through the discussions and reading. I dont like it for replyling though it can be such a chore so I hardly bother even with low fat mobile display. I prefer the full version on my desktop with a proper keyboard so I can get stuck in!

or do you mean FB as in the anglers net FaceBook(FB) page vs anglers net own forum ?

facebook is just another type of forum where you can setup your page with them. the pikers pit I manage has a facebook page. I never did get in to AN's facebook page its usually a picture of a fish gets posted and you get a load of people "tagging" their mates name in their posts (to get said mates attention - hey mate look at this) its all rather a bit impersonal though its not like the community here where we know all the regulars. Vagabond had a nice saying, grasshoper minds :) the discussions are crap.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Yes with the mobile version theres no bells and whistles and no tongue in cheek icons to give an idea of how you are playing the game

Not sure you "know" posters you only see a tiny bit unlike meeting in real life ,mind you in my case i forget to see how other people are i am far to interested in me

In some browsers you can choose desktop version and in some browsers it pretty well works on tablets

This playbook will display desktop mode in every website BUT AN ,theres something strange and it slows to a crawl and typing is a nightmare the letters appear 5 seconds after typing them so you keep having to check

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson