Another bit of shonky kit for chesters1

corydoras

Besides everything said and revealed the worrying bit is the maker knows there's mains on the USB port and warns you not to use it when its being charged

Remove the 240v charging side and instead design it to charge off a 5v PSU all would be well ,I can see why the main LED has no heatsink to cool it I doubt the puny battery could light it long enough to get hot

Hopefully the battery is MIMH I can for see if its li on it wouldn't have any protection so you can die by electrocution or fire quite easily

The difference is both charge off a 5v PSU not the mains LOL I chucked the one that came with one and charge the batteries on a pukka charger the thrown one was pretty crude with no inbuilt protection

The lamp itself is nice looking but nothing new and both my headlamps have a USB charging port for phones but 2 x 18650 batteries ain't going to charge much and let you walk home with the light on later

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Besides everything said and revealed the worrying bit is the maker knows there's mains on the USB port and warns you not to use it when its being charged

Remove the 240v charging side and instead design it to charge off a 5v PSU all would be well ,I can see why the main LED has no heatsink to cool it I doubt the puny battery could light it long enough to get hot

Hopefully the battery is MIMH I can for see if its li on it wouldn't have any protection so you can die by electrocution or fire quite easily

I did say "shonky" ;)

Yours for £6 on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Solar-Power-LED-Camping-Lantern-Tent-Hiking-Torch-Rechargeable-Lamp-Light-USB-/291797693755?var=&hash=item43f07f753b:m:mueXMlJNlF_i3vHKYIPwwGA

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

And contempt for the end user from china by not insisting their goods are safe ,no wonder they wouldn't let my niece bring a Chinese made PSU into China!

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

In all probability it was not built to Chinese standards.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

You mean it could be worse!

My niece studied in China and the uni in part was one of the old Olympics venues,it was all flim flam only one electric socket in her room was real the rest had nothing behind them a network cable that hung from the suspended ceiling was all there was ,no WiFi on site ,no kitchens ,no IT support ,the windows couldn't open ,the inner walls were so thin she could hear a snorer in a room two across ,no alarms or smoke detectors etc the whole thing was built for show!

I can see why so many come here to study ,99% of what you see works ,a nice job in tesco and you can stay long after your permit runs out

Oh and unlike here in China you buy your own bed and other items the rooms are bare and for 7 grand all up front for a year its a disgrace do that here and the human rights lot would be rubbing their hands perhaps we should do the same to dissuade the less than real students?

Edited by chesters1