Centre Pin Problem

76jerry

You've some nice reels Ian, but IMO that king pin should get a zero for looks. :yucky:

Yeah, I understand some people don't take to the look of 'em, they're not exactly traditional looking lol.

I liked thm from the first time I saw a pic of them on here a few years back...I think it was Chavender who posted the pic. They are solid as a rock and great to use, the 4 3/4 has a very fast retrieve so is better for the larger rivers like the one we often fish.

My Angling Perfection is the Avon Perfection. I will post some photographs when I get the chance.

I had two reels off Chris, Have had them four years now, The Scottton long trotter and the AJP Delux.

I had heard a roomer that Gary was getting his son to make the reels but don't know how true that is.

I look forward to the pic bb. I think i've seen one before but i've forgot what they look like.

The long trotters are superb!

I think your right and GM does have his son or sons making the reels now.

All,

For fun - ICAST 2016

Mitchell-0023.jpg

Mitchell Mag ProR

This new reel from Mitchell features 10 bearings, carbon infused designs, Bail Halo for strength on the rotor arm, a cutaway design and carbon fiber drag for $89.95.

OHH - Made in China

Phone

Nice looking reel mr bush ,do they make one in black with intrepid on the side?

Is that the hand of our mr bush ? An honour or for you an honor?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nice looking reel mr bush ,do they make one in black with intrepid on the side?

Is that the hand of our mr bush ? An honour or for you an honor?

You've let me down Chesters.

I'd confidently predicted to myself that a lump hammer would have got a mention in your post! :oops:

All is not lost though, as a facesaver, you did at least get Intrepid in there. :D

Yes my only experience of pins were warped wooden ones and constant check 'boys' ones so perhaps 56 years later a free running one may sway me but i am to long in the tooth and a dedicated closed face user.

I do own a few i must admit and not all have morritt badges theres a few odds and sods in the chesters1 loft picked up over the years perhaps only fit for some decendant to smash with a hammer i doubt they're going to be worth selling as any worth selling were including a couple of aerials

As forvthe lump hammer i resisted butting in to a pin lovers pin fest but mr bush provided an excuse to put my oar in

Now i am ofcourse talking about centerpins i have often wondered why they stopped evolving !are there no geared versions that reel in faster than simply turning one to one or batting? Perhaps there are ?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Moving swiftly on, I'd be interested by way of a little survey - Whats your preference for how the line comes off your centrepin spool,

Top (parallel with the rod rings) Or from the bottom??

Starting off the debate then, I've always had mine loaded coming from the Top - parallel with the rings.

Downside with that though when casting - the line often wraps (once) around the reel stem.

Upside is I'm used to the winding direction & find it easier "Batting In".

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Would have thought off the Bottom was for those that bend the other way ....lol.

You started it !!!!!!!!!

I can lower the tone with the best!!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!