braided line

rob.imk2

looks like a typo:

Name: KastKing

• Position: Ocean Boat Fishing,Ocean Rock Fshing,Ocean Beach Fishing,Lake,River,Reservoir Pond,Stream
  • Buoyancy Characteristic: Floating Line
  • Material: Braided Wire

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Thank you very much for the information chaps .Phone I am useless at hitting roach and bream at long distance and thought braid may be more sensitive and make my catch rate better lol .Also where I intend to fish is mainly a big carp water has a minimum of 15 lb bs line rule so thought the thinner diameter braid would get me round this as 15lb mono isnt good for bream fishing

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Tigger,

Times change. I've not tried it but the unbiased literature says PowerPro Maxcuatro is a new ball game in 2016.

Just my opinion but I believe the "claims" assume smaller diameter is better. Frankly, I couldn't handle the old "fat" braid very well, especially in later years when my were cold . Not sure there isn't a point of diminishing returns when it comes to line size. Comes in 4-5 colors.

Phone

I like PP Phone and it's the one I use most of the time when lure fishing. The reason I mention the Prestons braid is because it's meant to be a sinking braid so might be a little better for legering.

Thank you very much for the information chaps .Phone I am useless at hitting roach and bream at long distance and thought braid may be more sensitive and make my catch rate better lol .Also where I intend to fish is mainly a big carp water has a minimum of 15 lb bs line rule so thought the thinner diameter braid would get me round this as 15lb mono isnt good for bream fishing

Braid may or may not be the solution you're looking for. If there are bars or muscle beds present, braid's poor abrasion resistance may make it more trouble than it's worth - although the obvious question is "Why are you fishing at long range for roach and bream?".

There are as ever other options. Fluorocarbon is thinner than mono, has less stretch than mono, has better abrasion resistance than mono and it sinks - it's not exactly limp though.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All,

Nothing official and I certainly have not "tested" any line since the 90's. However, when it comes to abrasion resistance I believe you are wrong. Someone who cares can look about the internet and find the test I am looking for.

Braid actually has "better" abrasion resistance when you compare same size line diameter. Not tensile strength or breaking strain - we know braid is better there. But I also believe it will withstand more surface friction than mono

You need to compare a 50 lb braid with a 6 lb mono. I'm thinking the braid will be superior (add a "u" if you must waste one) in every respect.

The "braid is more abrasion prone" is a 20 yr old misnomer.

Phone

PS I don't like braid cause it will cut through a carp like a hot knife through butter - I USED to, when I fished regularly, use my world famous TEXAS WHIP HOOKSET - not good with braid. And, I was spending a fortune on cutting devices, I still use my teeth on mono.

errrrm this argument is getting to the bonkers stage now phone, yes you are right when it comes to line diameter. Braid is used in salt water because of it's thinness and to use braid the same diameter as mono is exactly the opposite of what braid was designed to be used for. However what you are advocating is freshwater guys need to use braid that is far in excess to what saltie guys use braid for. and no self respecting angler who fishes rough ground or wrecking will consider not using a mono leader.

As said 30lb braid mainline is more commonly used and that will pull up conger. I use 70lb for eel fishing with a leader, if I didn't use leaders I would be using up braid mainline all day long. btw when using 30lb braid I use more often than not 30lb co polymer, as and when I get a hook up if it has to break it's normally where the leader is tied to the weight and more often than not the leader comes back minus the weight, no big deal.

Yes I know there are krankies using braid of more than 100lb because of the thin diameter and this stuff was getting to the unbreakable stage. So much so one of our skippers had to take his boat out of the water to repair a leaky cutlass bearing last year, what did he find, yup braid wrapped around his prop shaft, as it was the heavy stuff had wound it's self up the shaft and caused 5 k worth of damage.

I can't see that there is any advantage for freshwater guys to use braid of say 50lb plus, it don't make sence.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Of course it makes sense. Heavy braids are used because of the way they handle. They are much less prone to wind knots and cutting through whatever leader you are tying them too than thinner braids.

I have 60lb of the spinning reels that I use in Thailand and 25lb of my UK ledgering reels.

I've gone the other way on my U/L spinning outfit because the relatively short casts used mean that the ability to throw a 1g lure is more important than resisting wind knots.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken the reason I am fishing long range is the bigger fish stay far out in the lakes because of foot traffic on the bank . I have fished them since I was a kid they dont have bars or snags so abrasion isnt a problem

Number me with Rage it,s a shame Number me in Haste its a shame

Braid may be your best bet then, just be sure to slow everything down a bit and play fish gently or you may end your session with a collection of lips.

• Like 1

A shock leader is to keep from breaking your ROD not the braid.

Nope. That's bull****. Braid having no stretch is pretty easy to cracking off with during a cast especially as it can be prone to wind knots etc when casting etc.

A shock leader allows casting with less chance of cracking off.

If you are fishing lakes it also allows you to fish without fear of killing someone on the far bank with a lost lead (bullet).

Edited by Kappa