braided line

rob.imk2

Exactly right re the above post but, can also be used for tying/joining 2 lengths of line - Main line to backing so not wasting line on a deep spool. or even a running repair on the bank.

The one in the Vid' is tapered & parallel so passes easily through the rings.

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Tigger, All,

Re: Shock leader

My response was somewhat tongue in cheek. Seriously. With braid you won't EVER need a shock leader. Just step up the size of the braid.

In FACT: Shock leaders are so you don't crack off and kill someone with an errant feeder cage. (I saw a 6oz pyramid go through a car door)

In general: 10lb test per oz of lead used to be the rule of thumb

Length of rod: General rule 2 X the rod length plus three feet.

Does ANYONE use shock leaders for actual angling any more?

Phone

Tigger, All,

My response was somewhat tongue in cheek. Seriously. With braid you won't EVER need a shock leader. Just step up the size of the braid.

Phone

That's exactly what I do Phone, I don't mess about with shock leaders, I prefer to use a higher B/S braid.

Tigger, All,

In FACT: Shock leaders are so you don't crack off and kill someone with an errant feeder cage. (I saw a 6oz pyramid go through a car door)

In general: 10lb test per oz of lead used to be the rule of thumb

Length of rod: General rule 2 X the rod length plus three feet.

Does ANYONE use shock leaders for actual angling any more?

Phone

Yep' Sea Anglers who use Mono'. :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

All,

The UK used to be the class of the world in "long cast" competition (70's). Is it still a sport of any count? Someone needs to bring me up to date. Line to weight ratio? Braid, mono, classes?

Start a new thread.

Phone

Well at least the Vid' shows an excellent & almost seamless method of joining 2 pieces of line together. Mono' to Mono', Braid to Braid or Mono' to Braid. :love: .Eboneee A'aand Ivor'eeee get together in perfe'eect harmon'eeeee - side by side on my Piano'o - Keyboard - Oh Lord ---- Why don't We' eeeeeeeeee'.

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1