ABU Record 60

Bobj

Never got on with Multipliers & really had more trouble in the "Birds Nest" department so gave it up as a bad job.

Never really wanted them in my life anyway - but did seem a good idea at one time!! (Holiday type Sea Fishing that is)

Multiplier casting is really something one really wants to do & great if you're willing to persevere & learn - Otherwise my advice would be - don't buy one unless you're prepared to give it a good home!!

"A MULTIPLIER IS FOR LIFE - NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS" :nono:

I reckon though, starting off with a centrepin style cast (2 or 3 fingers of line from the rod rings) is the way, rather than a proper multiplier style cast when trotting a light float??

Nor i ,had a couple in my youth both hideous direct drive things bought on a whim ,my 3 very pretty but used a hand full of times american reels and for sea fishing a daiwa something which i sold on after one trip and ofcourse several outing with sea streaks which as you say ended in birds nests so the fixed spool backups were used.

The daiwa and seastreaks casted fine (i cant say further than FS) but their great disappointment is the half hour winding back in if theres any reel that needs modernisation its a multiplier its retrieve is dismal

Ps i have on i have never used a daiwa magforce i bought at a boot fair ,on getting it home i found the magnets were missing (much needed in my case) so its on my shelf and now will be part of my fishing inheritance for my kids to skip when i die

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nor i ,had a couple in my youth both hideous direct drive things bought on a whim ,my 3 very pretty but used a hand full of times american reels and for sea fishing a daiwa something which i sold on after one trip and ofcourse several outing with sea streaks which as you say ended in birds nests so the fixed spool backups were used.

The daiwa and seastreaks casted fine (i cant say further than FS) but their great disappointment is the half hour winding back in if theres any reel that needs modernisation its a multiplier its retrieve is dismal

Ps i have on i have never used a daiwa magforce i bought at a boot fair ,on getting it home i found the magnets were missing (much needed in my case) so its on my shelf and now will be part of my fishing inheritance for my kids to skip when i die

I gave the Baitcaster Multi' (Daiwa or Shakespeare I think??) to a mate at work about 5 years ago - who knew how to use it.

He went on to explain that the Rod/s I were using were too soft & that a stiff & short rod is required to get the best out of them.

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I gave the Baitcaster Multi' (Daiwa or Shakespeare I think??) to a mate at work about 5 years ago - who knew how to use it.

He went on to explain that the Rod/s I were using were too soft & that a stiff & short rod is required to get the best out of them.

Yes indeed my short and stiff caster 152 is like an arm extension i can see where the yanks get their enjoyment from with their baitcasting outings .

Not used mine for many years the nearest place for pike is to far to walk to nowadays so it will sit in its steel locker in the loft so the mice dont chew it like the other 20 odd rods up there that have been retired .some old named ones as well ,who knows who tag barnes is nowadays nor that webley (gun lot) made rods as well ,at one time everyone was ito fishing stuff not just woolworth i have a marks and spencer fishing book somewhere and the sun newspaper was well into it as they all were .

We appear to have fallen out of favour unfortunate,y ipads and playstations are the new fad on the block

I remember as a kid every tenth shop sold something fishing related now mail order is the norm only bait and chat keep the shops open now

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson